cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

gov.uk Coronavirus update E-mails appearing multiple times in webmail subfolder

I've subscribed to the gov to get Corona virus updates by e-mail. I generally us MS Outlook as my mail e-mail client and soon realised that each update I had seen and saved to a sub folder was replicated about 20 times. I can remove the duplicates from the MS Outlook folder using the "clean-up" folder function, but doing this doesn't remove the duplucates from the BT webmail site. As soon as the MS Outlook sync's again it generates all the duplicates it sees in the BT webmail folder. Any idea's what I might be doing wrong?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: gov.uk Coronavirus update E-mails appearing multiple times in webmail subfolder

Update: This morning I've had a further three e-mail updates from .gov.uk re Coronavirus so I've tried reading the e-mail in the webmail browser then moving it to the sub folder as well as moving the e-mail before opening it, in both cases for some reason the email replicates itself up to 44 times in the subfolder. I've now got nearly 4,000 emails in the subfolder yet only had the updates from the .gov.uk since Saturday. No issues with other e-mails, only those from the gov!! Anyone any idea's?? Anyone having the same problem?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: gov.uk Coronavirus update E-mails appearing multiple times in webmail subfolder

Update; Well the "replicating" problem appears to have resolved itself. I noted that this morning when I moved one of the e-mails it did not replicate itself so I used the "clean folder" facility in MS Outlook to remove duplicates from the sub folder and after a while syncing all was well. I then deleted over 6,000 duplicate e-mails from the trash. All seems OK now. No idea what caused the issue though which is more annoying!

0 Ratings