cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jobit
Message 1 of 8

have not been provided with an email

I recently moved across to BT affinity but do not recall being given an option to create an email address. To create myBT account I used my old provider's email address. How do I obtain a BT email account? Have searched through all the emails I received regarding the order but nowhere is any mention of email. Can anyone help please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: have not been provided with an email

Have you tried going into the e-mail section on the BT website and logging in?

Edit: According to the BT website thats what you have to do: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9962/c/7339

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 8

@jobit wrote:

I recently moved across to BT affinity but do not recall being given an option to create an email address. To create myBT account I used my old provider's email address. How do I obtain a BT email account? Have searched through all the emails I received regarding the order but nowhere is any mention of email. Can anyone help please?

This may help

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46776/c/7339,7368,7408

But if it does not you will need to use Online Chat.

0 Ratings
jobit
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the response Vofsanity2 but the link is of no help because it assumes I have been provided with an email (which I haven't and is the point of my post). Also, where in heaven above do I find the online chat?

BT website tops my list of the most unhelpful website and provides the worst user experience I have ever come across!

0 Ratings
jobit
Message 5 of 8

It ways you may use the email we have sent you or you can use any email of your choice. I have not been given an email address and would prefer not to use an old one....takes me back to square one

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

I'm not entirely sure why you are so desperate to have an ISP email address. It is far preferable to have a transportable address such as Gmail or Hotmail to make moving between suppliers less bothersome.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

@jobit wrote:

Thanks for the response Vofsanity2 but the link is of no help because it assumes I have been provided with an email (which I haven't and is the point of my post). Also, where in heaven above do I find the online chat?

BT website tops my list of the most unhelpful website and provides the worst user experience I have ever come across!

Jobit, I was aware of your situation and the fact that you have not been issued with an email address.  BT do not appear to have any help that exactly fits your situation but the link supplied is closest to what you require and MAY work.

You should be able to set up a BT ID using your old providers email address. 

If this does not work try online chat

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/chat/contact_chat/queue_id/470/c/5627,5634

Contact with BT becomes simpler if you have a btinternet.com address so you should pursue this.

0 Ratings