cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
butterup45
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

having problems with delete in mail

When I delete a message from my inbox it takes up to four days to reach the trash so if I inadvertently delete a massage, I cannot retrieve it for four days.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: having problems with delete in mail

How are you accessing your email. Is it on a browser or via an email client/app?

If on a browser, which one and have your tried clearing the cookies and history from the browser?

If on an email client/app which one?

0 Ratings
butterup45
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I'm using Google Chrome; I have cleared everything you suggested and it made no difference at all to my e mail. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Can you try switching your BT hub off and on to see if it will be allocated another IP address and connect to a different BT email server? Before doing that check what your current IP address is by typing what's my IP in Google search and take a note, then switch the hub off and on and then recheck the IP address to see if it's changed. If it has not changed switch the hub of for about 30 minutes then turn it back on and recheck the IP address.

If the above doesn't help do you have your email account set up and do you access your email on more than one device?

Are you able to try another browser to see if it is a browser problem?

Are you able to use another device to access your email to see if it is a device problem?

0 Ratings
butterup45
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

I switched my BT Hub of for about 1 hour after checking my IP address when I turned it back on, I had a different IP address. I only have One computer an I mac can I set up BT mail on without using a browser.  I have Safari but I'm not sure how to set up BT Mail using it. While going through Internet Accounts I realised I still had the old Bt yahoo mail set up even though it is turned off so can't access the web.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I don't understand your last post. You have stated that it takes four days for a deleted email to appear in your deleted folder then in your last post you state you are not sure how to set up Safri and you are asking if you can use BTMail without a browser!

If you are having a problem when you delete an email you must have the email account set up and be accessing it by either a browser or an email client/app. Can you clarify which it is?

If you are using Safari to access your email account there is no setting up needed. You just log on using the BTMail log on page using your email log on and password.

BTMail 

You can use an email client/app to access your email if you do not want to use a web browser.

See links.

What is the BT Email app and how do I get it? | BT Help

Set up your BT Email | How to access your email | BT Help

0 Ratings
butterup45
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

I am using Goggle Chrome and just log on using the BTMail log on page using your email log on and password. I have just checked my trash and the top of the list is Last Sunday where is the rest of the deleted items?

0 Ratings