cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

how to get rid of an outlook.com address which invades my btinternet resulting in unanswered posts

Go to solution

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: how to get rid of an outlook.com address which invades my btinternet resulting in unanswered pos

Go to solution

Sorry crystal ball a bit cloudy, can you elaborate please?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

Re: how to get rid of an outlook.com address which invades my btinternet resulting in unanswered pos

Go to solution

I have managed to get a response from BT Help which indicates that if I use the latest bt email app the problem won’t recur. Thank you for reading my post, I may have to come back in the future!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

Perhaps if you explain the problem, we might be able to offer a better solution.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

I have sent emails to contacts which have not brought replies despite my friends telling me later yes, they did receive and respond to my emails. Further conversation has elicited the response that the drop down has suggested that rather than btinternet showing as my address, outlook.com is offered. I do not use outlook. How can I avoid this happening?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution

How are you currently sending emails? Are you using webmail or a mail client(app)?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution
Webmail I think! BT support has advised me to use only their BT Mail app, which I have downloaded.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

The mail app is only for a smart phone or tablet, what device are you using to send mail?

Not sure that using the app is going to get to the root of the problem, it seems a very strange thing to be happening.

Can you login to webmail here  and then click on your email address/username in the top right hand corner. Click on 'settings' and then 'mail' in the left hand pane. Under 'mail', click on 'accounts' and see if there are more than one account listed. Then click on 'auto forward' and see if anything has been configured there.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

Have just done so, nothing else listed. I agree, it’s strange and I would like it explained, but ultimately if it stops I’ll be satisfied.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Is the problem confined to just one recipient or more than one?

0 Ratings