cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bratman91
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

iPad POP email settings

My wife and I use a btinternet.com email account on our respective iPads. We need it to be a POP account so that,  if we delete an email, it won’t also delete on the other’s email. As seems to happen every few months, her btinternet account kept getting the error message that the user name and/or password was incorrect. I have checked the settings on each of our iPads and they are identical yet mail on her iPad does not work. Can anyone state exactly what the settings for a POP email account on an iPad are? 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: iPad POP email settings

Try 

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

It is a common problem getting that error but do nothing and just try again later. There are posts on forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bratman91
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: iPad POP email settings

Yes, it is a common problem and I have indeed waited for days, each few days trying to reconnect the account.
0 Ratings