cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wildy671
Message 1 of 6

iPhone 5s Email Issue

I'm working with someone who's having issues with their BTMail on an iPhone 5s. On Monday we changed the settings supplied in the technical help on his iPad and that works perfectly, but yesterday (Tuesday) we attempted the same on his iPhone and we are unable to send or receive emails.

Occasionally emails will be received but they've not been sent at all with a number of error messages appearing such as 'Incorrect Username or Password' which then changes to 'Unable to connect to...' BTMail's server.

Assistance or similar issues from anyone would be greatly appreciated as I've never really come across BTMail, cheers.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: iPhone 5s Email Issue

Try deleting the email account from the iphone and restarting the phone then remake the email account. Set it up manually entering the settings.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917

0 Ratings
Wildy671
Message 3 of 6

Tried this but no luck. As I had to set up 3 seperate accounts, one for Email, Calendar and Contacts, would you advise removing all of these and then trying what you suggested?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Removing all these should not be necessary but if just removing the email account and re making it did not work it could be worth a try.

I suspect however that it is a setting somewhere that has not been entered or ticked. If you haven't already done this can you go through them along side the ipad that is working and make sure that all the settings are identical.

Wildy671
Message 5 of 6

Removed them all and started from scratch, there was an 'Optional Password' field in the outgoing settings which I cleared and forced to accept. This seemed to allow inbound and outbound emails so hopefully it's a long term solution.

Your help was much appreciated, thanks. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Glad you got it sorted.