cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ncpl
Beginner
Message 1 of 25

iphone mail and PC Outlook to stopped working but webmail still ok

For about the last week both my PC and iphone have been throwing user/PW errors at me.  I leave it for a few hours and they resolved.  Now everything is stopped and I cannot even delete and recreate accounts on the phone app or Outlook.  Various errors reported from server interrupted, BT has issue - try later, PW wrong (it is not).

I have checked all POP3 settings as per help pages but just cannot get past this now for 4+ days.

I can access webmail but that is not acceptable long term.

Is this an issue with my account, my set up or a BT issue ?

Helpdesk chat resulted in nothing.   If webmail access is OK then it must be my side.

Frustrated

Any tips or info gratefully received.

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
ncpl
Beginner
Message 2 of 25

Re: Problems with logging onto email with Outlook

I have very similar issue going on for the last week.  Interested to know how this one plays out

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 25

Re: iphone mail and PC Outlook to stopped working but webmail still ok

There have been problems with the BT IMAP/POP servers stopping email clients from accessing the users email account for years. The advice from forum users is to do nothing such as changing passwords or deleting and resetting up accounts as this invariably causes more problems than it solves, as you have now found out.

Because all your devices stopped accessing your email at the same time and you were still able to access your email via webmail it is obviously not a problem with your email accounts or with your password, hence the advice not to do anything. The problem usually resolves its self in a day or two. 

Because you have deleted and reset up your email on your devices and changed your password I would suggest that you do the following:

Switch off all your devices or at the least stop them from polling your email account for new email. You can do this by either deleting the email account from the device or just change the email address in your email account settings.

Change your webmail email password yet again.

Wait at least 30 minutes before starting one of your devices and set up the email account with the new password.

Check that this device is working before moving onto the next device.

Ensure that you are using the correct settings via this link and set the email accounts up manually rather than using the email wizard.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

0 Ratings
ncpl
Beginner
Message 4 of 25

Re: At a complete loss & on the very edge now - Password synch and Iphone / Ipad access - total

I am having the same issue.  Really frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 25

Re: At a complete loss & on the very edge now - Password synch and Iphone / Ipad access - total

I have moved the posts you made on the other threads onto your own thread. Multiple posts across other threads usually results in duplication of effort and can lead to confusion when replies are given for the OP's problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
paulbetty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 25

Same issue, one person told me to log out of all devices and change password, leave for 60 minutes and log back in, one device at a time!! Worked.... But next day same issue, repeated, and next day outlook stops talking to server. Blue mail on android, fine, Web mail fine, just outlook!! Help desk not interested. 

0 Ratings
ncpl
Beginner
Message 7 of 25

Thanks.   I have a couple of email accounts.  Only my main account refuses to work on both Outlook AND iPhone mail.  Settings obviously the same for all accounts so hard to logically see it as a setup issue my side.

It feels like my account is broken or locked.  Help Desk chat was useless too.

If I cannot get sync working again I will have to switch out to another account that does work.

0 Ratings
ncpl
Beginner
Message 8 of 25

Sorry

We're experiencing a temporary problem with Email and are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please try again later.

Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

Go back to BT.com >

0 Ratings
ncpl
Beginner
Message 9 of 25

Reset pw on both my accounts.  Same PW exactly.

Main account fails on both iPhone and Outlook.

Outlook message now says "Connection to server was interrupted.  If it continues contact ISP etc"

Second account connects and sets up just fine on both app.

All settings same.

0 Ratings
paulbetty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 25

Mine the same, second email always connects, issue always with primary.