cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jethro
Contributor
Message 21 of 25

Re: iphone mail and PC Outlook to stopped working but webmail still ok

E-mail 2nd line support rang me back today after I registered a complaint - still can't get a straight answer from them about the actual problem and if any formal fault-fixing is in place - also I am very confused about how much of the service is run by BT and how much by Yahoo.

However he did suggest a possible fix - not sure whether it's been tested extensively - as per a previous post suggested I have to remove my e-mail account from all apps/devices - then BT will ring me back ( tomorrow ) and with my permission BT will reset my password - I then can use webmail immediately but must not try accessing via an e-mail client for 24 hours! Some slow syncing going on there!.

I will post the results - positive/negative - I remain to be convinced that BT really has this fault sorted!

0 Ratings
ncpl
Beginner
Message 22 of 25

I've been away for a few days and hoped that any sync needed would have been completed.

Same old **bleep**.....cannot get any client to log in.

0 Ratings
jethro
Contributor
Message 23 of 25

Ah well my scepticism was well founded - long remote-sharing session with 2nd line support without any success - agent then changed my password on 'the system' and advised me to wait for 24 hours before staring up any clients - in two  words - no go ! Now awaiting further call from BT to try again - it's been 3 weeks since I was able to send a  message from an e-mail client. 

As mentioned in an earlier post there seems to be extreme reluctance by 2nd line support to escalate this issue - and often seem to be surprised that we are having problems - is there anyone on this forum ( i.e. BT employee ) who can take responsibility on behalf of us all for getting some real info on what's going on?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ncpl
Beginner
Message 24 of 25

Very similar.   Over an hour on the phone with support yesterday.  

After trying all the normal steps to get IMAP or POP3 working (and failing) the support analyst changed my password on their end on my behalf.

Instantly from that point on ALL my client devices were able to accept the profile, verify and sync emails.

The only thing I can conclude is that there is an issue with the sync of user passwords when driven by the user from the various webpages that it can be done.  When BT did it, probably via a direct data access method, the p/w was now working.

So, it is worth asking for BT to do a p/w reset for you.

And, just to confirm, this issue started 7th June 2019.  

@jethro, when did you first see the issue?

0 Ratings
jethro
Contributor
Message 25 of 25

It has happened many times but this time it was on 31 May and have not had resolution at all in that time - despite many calls with 2nd line e-mail support - will have to endure another one on Monday I expect.  It seems that the resolution is very hit/miss with some getting sorted within hours and others, like us enduring days of no-go.

Where are the BT Product Management on this? Who is taking issues from this forum into BT ? Given the ineptitude of BT to solve this issue I am inclined to escalate to the CEO as the formal complaint procedure doesn't work.

Any other suggestions from the forum?

0 Ratings