cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liamham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 28

lost access to my email after 18 years.......HELP ASAP!!!

So when i moved away from BT back in 2008 i moved over to paid email so i could keep my btinternet.com address.  I've got a standing order for £5 a month thats been going out evey month and eveything was working until Tuesday morning when it just stopped,  cant login,  My BT is saying i dont have email etc.

@btinternet.com address is connected to eveything i have inc banks and businesses.  I've had this email address since 2000 and i need it ASAP.

I've been on the phone with support who cannot find the account number i gave them from the DD mandate thats been going into their account for years.   they cant validate me and now i'm left trying to migrate my 100's of accounts away from BT.

Can someone help ASAP before i loose my mind and money.

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: lost access to my email after 18 years.......HELP ASAP!!!

this is a public forum please delete your email address to avoid spam

if you have premium BT mail then cost went up recently to £7.50 do you get advised

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 28

Welcome to this user forum.

If you are talking about BT Premium mail, that is actually £7.50 a month, so it may be worth checking your bank statements in case the wrong amount has been taken, and your account has been closed. Did you amend your standing order to reflect the price increase?

There's a dedicated helpdesk for premium mail customers who will be able to assist. They can be contacted on 0808 100 6778 9am to 9pm Mon - Fri 9am to 6.30pm Saturday and Sunday. 

0 Ratings
liamham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 28

ive tried that and they cannot find my account,  i didnt get an email saying it went up or anthing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 28

@liamham wrote:

ive tried that and they cannot find my account,  i didnt get an email saying it went up or anthing.

If the helpdesk cannot find your account, then its probably been deleted. If it had been setup as a direct debit, then you would have been aware of the increase, which was quite a while ago now. I think the notifications went out in July of this year.

0 Ratings
liamham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 28

i've given them then accounts number and the details. had no letters or email about it so very very strange.

NO account but the email is still their they say
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 28

@liamham wrote:
i've given them then accounts number and the details. had no letters or email about it so very very strange.

NO account but the email is still their they say

From an earlier forum post.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Complain-to-Ofcom/m-p/1870893#M62345

• BT Mail - you won't be able to use your free BT email address. If you want to keep it, let us know by calling 0800 028 3098 and we can start billing you for it. It's £5 a month (changing to £7.50 from 22 August 2018) by Direct Debit.
0 Ratings
liamham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 28

was on a DD so they could have just changed the amount as everyone else does?

was a letter sent? or an email?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 28

From that  thread, it looks like it was an email.

0 Ratings
liamham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 28

no emails on my mac,  i've got last 4 years in mac mail 😞

0 Ratings