cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnm
Beginner
Message 1 of 31

<<<<<<<<<<<REASON GIVEN BY BT FOR INCREASED SPAM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BT are SLOWLY migrating customers over from BT Yahoo to BT Mail. The migrated customers will experience increased spam into their in box until all customers have been migrated. This could take a few months.

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: <<<<<<<<<<<REASON GIVEN BY BT FOR INCREASED SPAM>>>&gt

I think you will find that that is a load of rubbish. There is no reason why their spam filters if set up correctly should not be working for the customers who have already been migrated.

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 31

Re: <<<<<<<<<<<REASON GIVEN BY BT FOR INCREASED SPAM>>>>

You mean they have spam filters? Doesn't look like it
0 Ratings
arnie666
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 31

Re: <<<<<<<<<<<REASON GIVEN BY BT FOR INCREASED SPAM>>>&gt

It is some time since I was migrated and while there were other problems I never had the problem with spam I have now. My issue with spam has been in the last week or so. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 31

Re: <<<<<<<<<<<REASON GIVEN BY BT FOR INCREASED SPAM>>>&am

Critical Path/Openwave or whatever they are called this week probably forgot to renew the contract with whoever is doing the Spam filtering!

rnm
Beginner
Message 6 of 31

TODAY: BT technical help are aware of a problem of a small number of customers' spam filter not working correctly following migration from BT Yahoo server to BT mail server. There is a team working to fix it.
Believe me or not as you please, but don't shoot the messenger.
0 Ratings
stanh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 31

Thanks mm. I've been migrated months (maybe more) so just how many customers have BT got to migrate and just how long does it take. Why can't it be a block migration say one minute after midnight or maybe everyone loses their email facilities in a maintenance shutdown overnight. But more importantly - why couldn't BT set up all the filters and protections before even the first customer was migrated? My recollection was that BT did not migrate me - I just filled in online forms in response to some sort of warning message that BT Yahoo was being replaced with BT Mail.

Thanks anyway !
Highlighted
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 31

Not shooting the messenger (mm).

Yesterday morning at around 10:00 I had used the click on block contained within the preview of spam email's so as to add them to the blocked senders list.  After which I always go in to the settings and then to mail and then to blocked senders, so that instead of having masses of email addresses from the same domain, I edit each entery by deletting what ever is infront of the @ in every email address so that just the domain is left.  This I do as suggested by BT mail techinical support.  Even this does not work, as it does not stop emails from the domains that I have in the blocked senders list.  So on the face of it, the as I was told yesterday, 'BT's very good spam filter' is a load of cra* and is not worth the effort that I have put in, to hopefully stop spam from ever reaching me, spam filtering should not rely on the user to enter sender detials in manually, this should be in the most part done at the server end, creating a blocking list from every time I or you tell the client to block the sender.  Well yesterday morning, as I went to do the above to add more domains to the blocked senders list, first I was confronted with an error message saying that the settings were unavailable and try again later, then when I did get in to the list all my previous enteries had gone.  Contacted BT technical support about this and their only answer to this was to tell me I had to change my password as this sometimes helps.  Well guess what, no help at all.  So they have put it up to the second level of support, who are supposed to be ringing me between 11:00 and 13:00 today (wont hold my breath).  In my opinion, the only real reason for asking a useer to change their online password would be becuase there is a security issue at the server end.  I was told that even at the start of the migraton, that BT knew about the technical issues that are being experianced even now, some months later, that at one point they actually stopped the migration until they had sorted out all the issues that users were facing, but looks as if BT are not true to their word on this matter.  I shall post an update once I have heard from BT today,Ha Ha Ha.  I shall most likely have to contact them, as this seems to be the norm with BT, that I have found in the past.  Thanks to all for reading, hope that you all don't think of this as just someone having a rant, I have tried were possible to inpart some information.

Princewill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

I was migrated months ago too, it's only in this past week that I'm getting huge amounts of spam despite blocking and/or marking them as spam. Only a few spams are automatically pushed to the spam folder the rest just get through.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

Cannot get blocking or rules to work at all. Just get a mesage saying 'an error has occurred' If this worked then a lot of the spam would get blocked.
0 Ratings