Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbuzza
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

mail.btinternet.com issue ?

Go to solution

Overnight my access to BT e-mail (@btinternet.com account) stopped working from Outlook client on PC and via mobile apps. Access via the BT webclient is still working normally.

I spoke to a support analyst earlier who advised there were currently issues with the mail server. They said it would be back working later but gave no details.

Anyone else experiencing this issue and been given further information on what the problem is and when it will be resolved ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: mail.btinternet.com issue ?

Go to solution

There are a few issues with the BT email systems. 

If you have done nothing to possibly cause the problem such as resetting password or changing settings prior to the problem my advice would be not to change any settings or your password, even if told to do so by Customer Services.

It is obviously not a password issue if you can access your email via webmail. You should wait a day or two to see if it sorts itself out.

0 Ratings
jbuzza
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks, error messages have varied during the day but the latest is:

'Your incoming (POP3) email server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: *OK IMAP4 PROXY server ready'

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

As I have said, I would just wait it out for a day or two and mean time use webmail.

0 Ratings
Router660
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I've had exactly the same problem. Webmail locked me out for too many unseccessful login attempts as well so I did a live chat with support who unlocked it and advised me to change my password, which I did. I've changed the password in both my PC clients and mobile app but no joy. Guess I just need to sit it out...

0 Ratings
jbuzza
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

It is now working again both via POP3 on my Outlook client and via IMAP on my phone. I can only assume it must have been a server issue.

0 Ratings