cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harry40
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

mail wont send from gmail

Keep getting this message when trying to send mail from gmail, but mail will send from btmail. Mail does come in to inbox from btmail. Below is the message

Unauthenticated email from btinternet.com is not accepted due to domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of btinternet.com domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the DMARC initiative. a187sor13447837qke.78 - gsmtp.

Is there anyone who has had the same problem

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: mail wont send from gmail

Sounds as though you are trying to send from Gmail's SMTP server with btinternet credentials rather than Gmail credentials.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 11

@harry40wrote:

Keep getting this message when trying to send mail from gmail, but mail will send from btmail. Mail does come in to inbox from btmail. Below is the message

Unauthenticated email from btinternet.com is not accepted due to domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of btinternet.com domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the DMARC initiative. a187sor13447837qke.78 - gsmtp.

Is there anyone who has had the same problem

Hi, welcome to the forums.

What app/client are you using to send emails?

Are you trying to send emails from gmail servers, but using your btinternet email address as the "From" address or similar?

0 Ratings
harry40
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

yes i am trying to send emails from gmail using my btinternet address,it worked for years but now it has stopped working.Some emails will send but emails which i try to reply to keep getting blocked in gmail but if i try to send in bt mail will send no problem
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

@harry40 wrote:
yes i am trying to send emails from gmail using my btinternet address

Why??

0 Ratings
NoSirItWasntMe
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

@licquorice

It is very common. If you use Gmail as your main account it is possible to add lots of secondary addresses and reply/send from Hotmail/yahoo/work accounts within gmail using any of them. It is not the same as a mail collector as you can use any registered address to compose or reply.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

I was under the impression that the OP was using a mail client and trying to use Gmail's SMTP server to send btinternet mails, whereas you presume webmail.  Even in webmail  you still have to authenticate using the other account's credentials and SMTP server, its just a common Gui with multiple accounts all with their own credentials.

0 Ratings
NoSirItWasntMe
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

@licquorice
You asked "why ?" , I replied with a possible scenario.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Yes, thank you. However, I was really asking why he was trying to send from Gmail's SMTP server using BT credentials.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NoSirItWasntMe
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

He didn't say that he was trying to use Gmail's SMTP server, only that he was using Gmail to send mail using his BT address. Likewise the OP did not specify whether he was using webmail or a client.
0 Ratings