Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acorns1
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

migrate from Premium email to Broadband

Go to solution

I am a new user. I have had premium email for several years due to my 25 year old email address with BT Internet.com being used with Business account from Home.

BT have tried repeatedly to migrate my address to my domestic Broadband account and repeatedly failed over the last 12 months. This resulted in hours of phone calls with BT and many refunds for aborted charges on Premium Mail.

I recently finally had the email transferred to my domestic Broadband by BT helper on line who took control of my computer.( advised by BT on 15-11-19 and consolidated with my account on MyBT page on 20-11-19, after which all appeared to work well. BT then cancelled my Premium Mail and with it all my emails and amail ID.

As this was not the desired result (guess why !) i am now told after many days of waiting that my email address is deleted and with it my email data, can anyone offer help? Christmas and a lifetime of email use mean a big problem for me without this address. The issue has been passed to level two support who informed me of the above status.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: migrate from Premium email to Broadband

Go to solution

Hi @acorns1,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm really sorry to hear that your email address was deleted in error when we were trying to merge the account onto your broadband account.

If Tier 2 support has said that the email address is gone then we may not be able to get this email account back for you but it's worth us trying. 

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
acorns1
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Matt

very good of you to try and help and I have sent details over as suggested,

It is comforting to know that perople are there to try and help and much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @acorns1,

Can you please try and access your email account and let me know if you are able to log in?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
acorns1
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Matt

you have worked a miracle

in one hour you seem to have done what BT have taken a week to tell me was not possible !

well done and yes thanks i have email and inbox up to date.

do i need to do anything else now such as re register or inform BT?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@acorns1

Happy to help, I'm just glad we were able to get you back in without the loss of any data.

You don't need to do anything I have made sure that the email address is linked to the correct BT Broadband account now.

Matt 

0 Ratings
acorns1
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

just a quick addendum

I have the email name as my BT id and really probably not a good idea, as it is used often and by all

I just tried to add a further email to swap over and when I log on to MtBT the default log on has come as the newly added email but I cannot then log onto my old inbox? did I mess up or am I just looking at wrong tab somehow?

please feel a bit of sympathy for a confused and tired customer ...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@acorns1wrote:

Matt

you have worked a miracle

in one hour you seem to have done what BT have taken a week to tell me was not possible !

well done and yes thanks i have email and inbox up to date.

do i need to do anything else now such as re register or inform BT?

This is indeed great news, and shows that accounts perhaps do go into a limbo state before being completely wiped. Maybe there's a robot that runs periodically that does the deletion.

I suggest that you make provisions to back up your emails and contacts, especially if using for business - so a backup is essential. I assume you were using webmail via a browser? If so, use a dedicated mail client that enables backup of the data.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@acorns1wrote:

just a quick addendum

I have the email name as my BT id and really probably not a good idea, as it is used often and by all

I just tried to add a further email to swap over and when I log on to MtBT the default log on has come as the newly added email but I cannot then log onto my old inbox? did I mess up or am I just looking at wrong tab somehow?

please feel a bit of sympathy for a confused and tired customer ...

Why are you trying to add a BTinternet email address? Simply use Gmail instead and you will be far better off. Gmail accounts can also be used with mail clients and apps, and are independent of any ISP. So if you wish to change ISPs there is no issue with email. It's also free.

0 Ratings
acorns1
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

sounds like good advice in the circumstances

as thisis rather after the event I have a new email address that pops up when I log on as my 'favourite' and does not mention the old one except as Account holder, so I cannot seem to log on to BT mail with old email as there is no link or tab I can find.

I really hope I have not messed this up after your efforts

to sum up, log on to MyBT OK

email showing as favourite inbox is new name

old name showing as billing email and log in detail for password

does not want to log on to old email browser via MyBT / Mail tab

do I need to add the old email as a user email? - sounds wrong somehow

0 Ratings