Did you mean: 
Highlighted
martyndwinn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

moving BT email addresses to a different BT account

Go to solution

Hi all,

I am moving in with my partner. We both have BT accounts. As I have moved out of my house, I have closed my own BT account. This was a couple of days ago, and I understand I have 60 days before I lose the email accounts associated with my old BT account. I would like to move them to my partners BT account, i.e. keep the email addresses and the current contents. Since we are paying for BT in her place, I don't want to pay for a Premium Email account.

I've looked through these forums, and this seems to be a common question!  And it seems to be something that the Moderators can fix. I also understand that I can't contact the moderators directly, but should first post my problem.

I looked on the BT web site: as someone else said, there is a page saying this is possible, but doesn't say how!  I tried the online chat, but the person I got gave me instructions which bore no resemblance to what I could see on screen.

Hoping for some help .... Many thanks!

Martyn

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES
Message 2 of 24

Re: moving BT email addresses to a different BT account

Go to solution

Hi @martyndwinn

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

This isn't something the community will be able to help with.  We will need to pick this up for you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @martyndwinn I called earlier and left a brief message. I'm working on getting the email addresses moved over for you. Please can you log in to the BTID and add the email addresses via bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement to your BTID.

I've dropped you an email as I require further information also so please check this and reply back to me.

Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @martyndwinn Thanks for taking my call earlier. As agreed please will you login and see if you have the option to add the email addresses to your BTID and add both email addresses. Post back and let me know if you have this option and were successful or not in adding the emails. 

I'll be back in the office on Friday and update you again then.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
martyndwinn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 24

Go to solution

Hi,

Short answer: I don't think I have this option.

I log in to my BT account (the one that is closing down) and go to manageEmailAccounts.  It lists my main email address, with options "Make Favourite" and "Delete".

Below that it has "Your friends & family email addresses" and lists "Melanie Vollmar" (although not the actual email address). This one has no options.

None of this looks like what you described. TBH I don't really understand what you are asking. The fact that these two are listed, and it says "You have used 2 of your 11 available addresses", surely means that they are linked with my BTID already?

Thanks for your help,

Martyn

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

Go to solution

I think you need to log in to your partner's BTID and see if the addresses are there to add.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @martyndwinn Thanks for checking that for me. I have raised a fault to get the email addresses moved over the new account and this will take a few days and I'll update you once this is completed.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
martyndwinn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 24

Go to solution

Great, thanks for that.  As far as I can see, it was not in my power to do this, so it is great to have this support.

cheers

Martyn

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @martyndwinn The email addresses have been moved over now. Please can you get your partner to log into their BTID and check that you can now see both email addresses associated with that account.

Cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
martyndwinn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 24

Go to solution

She has logged into her MyBT and followed "Manage extras" --> "Manage Email".  At the moment, she is getting an error message "Sorry, because of a technical error we're not able to continue at the moment. Please try again later."   I have seen this in the past, and it does seem to go away later, so I assume a central problem and nothing to do with the account.

I also tried to look at my MyBT, and I am told "We're not able to find any extras on this account."  Is this expected behaviour?   Our email accounts are linked only to my partners BT account now?  It was a move, not a copy?

Thanks

Martyn

0 Ratings