Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
endaf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

new email asking for BT Details

Hi, I just got this email, can't beleive its a genuine email from BT.

I havnt sent my details back, and I sugest that nobody does, and BT need to be aware of this. thanks

The senders email address is  ----  edwin.murgatroyd@btinternet.com

email ---------

Dear Valued Member,

This is for your own safety to avoid the closure of your BT internet mail. You will have to verify your account by filling out your Log-in information below by clicking the reply button. We apologize for any inconvenience that this request may cause.

User ID:

Current Password:

Date of Birth:

Country of Residence:

After receiving the information requested you will be able to continue using your BT internet mail without hitches. Please do bear in mind that we reserve the right to close this BT internet account if this request isn't granted on time. Thank you. BT internet Customer Care.

Case number: 8941624 Property: Account Security Copyright © 2011 BT internet Inc. All rights reserved

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: new email asking for BT Details

Its a scam.
0 Ratings
robh66
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I've had TWO of those emails and if you look through the forums i've already asked are the genuine, and found out that they false, and most certainly NOT from BT.

Here's the thread:

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Verification-email/td-p/357555

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

No company is going to ask you to fill in your UserId, password etc

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
ttdave
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

I have been getting a lot of emails saying my computer/server has been used to send out huge amounts of (spam) emails and that it is most likely infected and giving me a programme to run to sort it out.  Some emails appear to come from BT Internet but its not clear.  To date I have just deleted them, especially as they normally get caught in my spam detector but could they be genuine?

Can't find a way of asking BT Internet directly.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Just delete them, they are very common. If BT Internet had a major issue with your connection, they would disconnect you.

There is no way that BT themselves can help with spam.

0 Ratings