Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valott
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

new email

Go to solution

Like many others I hate the new layout. Does anyone else have the problem of signing out.  The place to sign out at top right is not on my screen when I am using my smartphone and I can't move the viewing area across.   So can't ever sign out

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: new email

Go to solution

When you use BT email on a smart phone are you using a web browser or the smartphone's email app?

If it is the smartphone's email app, this behaves in the same way as an email client and you will have entered your email address and password into the app when setting it up. The email app it will only sign in when you are actually using it. When you close the app it signs you out.

If you are using it on a web browser, if you tap the three lines at the top left it will open a side bar. Your username/email address will be shown at the top. To the left of that is a circle with a arrowed line in the centre of the circle. That is the log out button. Press it and you will be logged out and the email page closed.

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Hi, you should see the mobile version when using a smartphone. The sign out is present on the 3 parallel white lines on the left on the blue bar. The sign out button is the top left hand icon with an arrow pointing to the left. There is no reason that shouldn’t be not visible to you
0 Ratings
valott
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Most helpful. Many thanks. Easy when you know how!
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@valott wrote:
Most helpful. Many thanks. Easy when you know how!

We were all in the same boat and found out that the only way to "know how" is by clicking on the links, folders, settings etc to see where it takes you and what it does. 

0 Ratings