Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bouncycastle
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

no push notifications on Samsung Galaxy note 3 [android]

Hello BT

Im sure you have received many messages regarding the lack of any further email notifications whilst using the BT Yahoo phone app. The way I see it is that the primary function of an application for smart phones is exactly that to notify the account holder of emails. 

For me this has been a recent problem for the last 3 months i have been unable to receive exactly this. I have tried various browsers I have re installed the BT Yahoo application many times and left the email page 'open' but still no notifications and constantly having to re-enter my login credentials to visit my email acct.

The service seems hopeless and unable able to provide me a basic service without having to go through a complete login every time i want to check my emails using my mobile phone to the point of having to rely on my laptop to quickly check emails even that seems to struggle as BT Yahoo seems to log me out over extended periods in activity.

I also pay for an AD FREE service but continue to receive adverts on my phone. This is the same deal on my laptop - paying for an ad free service but continue to receive unwanted adverts.

Please can you advise of an email service the can provide a suitable level of functionality provides me with pushed notifications for my android phone that is ad free.

If i am unable to receive a functioning ad free email service please can you advise on how to obtain a refund.

Can someone help?

Thank you

Simon

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: no push notifications on Samsung Galaxy note 3 [android]

The Yahoo phone app no longer works with any version of BT email as it uses incorrect servers. Use a different email app (I use Blue Mail) with the correct BT settings http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/~/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoing-and-incomi...

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

You do not pay for an AD FREE service. If you check the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you first signed up to BTYahoo you will see that you agreed to adverts being part of the service.

See T&Cs section 7f

https://www.bt.com/products/static/terms/feb2017btmail.html

as well as the above the following are additional to BTYahoo

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/blank/a_id/43587

As far as I am aware, there is no BTYahoo email app. There is a Yahoo email app that you could use with your BTYahoo email account but using that app to access your email is being phased out by BT.

You will need to use another email app. There are many to choose from and most can be set up via their settings to "notify" when a new email has arrived.

If you want an email service that does not have adverts you will need to investigate and pay for an email service company that supplies that facility.

0 Ratings
bouncycastle
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks licquorice
0 Ratings
bouncycastle
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

cheers gg30340 for the info missed that!
0 Ratings