cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickTarn27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 33

Re: oath message

Hi I get email on my ipad and on the home PC. It only stays on the phone for two weeks but is permanently downloaded to the PC . I tried to use your instructions to change the settings from POP 3 to IMAP on the ipad but could not get it to create anything but a POP3 account again. It is an old ipad vintage 2009 could that be the problem.
As for the spam deleting on a rolling 30 days are you sure, I thought that when I looked it went back to the last time I accessed it, but of course I cannot do that anymore unless I give my digital life to Oath which is not going to happen.
I am still very **bleep** off with BT why have they sold out to an american company? An why when I talk to the BT help line and get India do they not know anything about Oath?
Regards
Nick
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 33

I find it odd that you use an iPad and a PC and you appear to be only worried about using BTYahoo/Oath  "unless I give my digital life to Oath which is not going to happen". with no concern about how Microsoft and Apple happily gather information from your devices not to mention the "permissions" that the apps will have been given in order to operate.

https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacy

0 Ratings
NickTarn27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 33

Yes you are correct but I suppose the new rules are making us more cautious going forward. I do not see that I should be agreeing to allow Oath to start doing this, as all I want is my BT email accessed as I used to.

I have just created one of my BT emails on the PC as an IMAP account. If I right click on the email address where the folders are displayed I can see IMAP folders but I cannot see a Spam folder. How do I get access through IMAP to the Spam folder?

Regards

Nick

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 33

The spam folder is called Bulk Mail (don't ask!!!)

NickTarn27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 33

Hi thanks again I had seen that Bulk Mail contained uread mail but did not realise it was the Spam folder. So now all sorted.
Best Regards
Nick
DerekP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 33

Has anyone actually tried to unsubscribe from Oath cookies.  there are about a dozen or more separate organisatuions each of which has 8-10 separate opt-in or opt-out settings, some of which you have to go through capcha or pictorial anti-bot checks (ironic eh?)

Makes Facebook seem like a user friendly manager of permissions

Come on BT - you said you were going to migrate us off the Yahoo platform years ago and we have to put up with this nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 33

If you are that bothered by it, don't use webmail, use a mail client, no cookies then. There is a global opt-out in any case you don't have to opt out individually.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DerekP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 33

I'm more bothered by the fact that BT still haven't moved some of us off the yahoo platform as was promised years ago

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 33

Frying pan > fire

0 Ratings
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 33

Derek P, I have the same concern, opting out is not a simple process. Ticking the opt out of all option works up to the point the submit button is greyed out. Oddly I only get this screen come up on one sub account, I have not seen it at all on main and other sub account.

0 Ratings