Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

one email account cannot be accessed

Go to solution
My problem relates to one email address which BT are pestering me with voice texts and emails EVERY DAY because it has not been used for a long time.and will be deleted on 13 August with all contents if not used The reason for that is I cannot access the account because my log in details are rejected. I know for sure the user account name is OK. (r*y*u*k*e*@btinternet.com) so it has to be the password which I have forgotten or perhaps went wrong at the mass change of all passwords ordered by BT some time ago.

I have tried to reset or change the login password for the account using the Prime BT ID account in "Manage my Emails" and also through  :
"I have forgotten my password" on the email login page .Both follow a similar course My DoB , Postcode , and Mother's Maiden Name security details are all accepted. A final screen appears:

"Please answer your BT ID security question to start your password reset"

Partner's Name ?

Answer: ................

Note: If you don't know the answer to the security question please contact us on 0800 800 150 for advice on renaming the BT ID.

The final page above was not part of the original email account set up but was introduced in recent years I have no recollection of the answer to the question but have tried all possibilities to no avail.I phoned the help number and we spent a long time discussing the matter,without reaching a solution. Before that I tried two chat sessions which were hopeless. Now here's a thing, All the other email accounts work well and show green "active" status in Manage my emails page. When I attempt to log in to the roy.... account and try unsuccessful passwords the status on manage my emails changes to LOCKED in red capitals which I can unlock back to green through "Options". If I leave it locked overnight, when I log on in the morning "locked" has been replaced  by "not used recently". I open "Options" and read "due to be deleted" and press Blue button labelled:
"Reactivate your email address" After a long pause a  green banner appears Big tick mark in circle and "ALL DONE You can now use the (roy named) email account and access your old emails too". Rush to log in "details not recognised". Back where I started. I would appreciate any assistance to resolve this. On the personal details page there is the option to choose a different  question from a list and to provide your own answer as the password. This unfortunately requires the current password to enable. Could this option be reset by BT support to replace the "partner"  question on the page mentioned above as a way to resolve the problem? While i am on, the facility to switch between emails without logging on indivually when logged into MYBT with the prime account does not seem to function.

Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: one email account cannot be accessed

Go to solution

Hi @bukko  welcome to the forum and sorry you cannot access your email account. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Good morning JohnC2

Thank you for your reply and PM on my problem.

In preparing a reply to your PM queries and defining the main problem, I stumbled on a possible solution tried it and

IT WORKED!

The credit for this is entirely due to you . I would have given up were it not for your encouraging reply,  and PM content.

So, i have returned to the public area of this forum to give credit where it is due and mark the problem as SOLVED

Many thanks again,

bukko

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @bukko thanks for your message it's really nice to see John was able to help. I'll make sure to pass on the feedback to his John and his team leader. 

0 Ratings