cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

outlook no longer seeing my email againt, cannot send or receive emails, tried thunderbird that is

Outlook no longer sends or receives my emails, tried outlook 2007 and 2016 and thunderbird ?

Using correct settings IMAP

mail.btinternet.com

outgoing smtp the same

ssl ports 993/465

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: outlook no longer seeing my email againt, cannot send or receive emails, tried thunderbird that

Are you either a BT broadband customer or paying for premium mail. If neither, your email will have been downgraded to basic which is only accessible via webmail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Re: outlook no longer seeing my email againt, cannot send or receive emails, tried thunderbird that

Bt infinity customer for 5 years and on standard email address which i have had for 5 years with zero issues, it started playing up a few days ago while my computer was running windows 7, i thought not to worry as i was updrading to windows 10 anyway and 10 office which i installed last night, outlook even on a brand new install would still not connect to the BT server, continuously  asking me for my password which is correct, i even changed it yesterday to  rule that out.

I even downloaded thunderbird today to rule out microsoft and that is the same, so it must be an issue with bt or my account password, firewall and virus are all off and IMAP settings all correct as per BT instructions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Can you still access webmail ok?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Yes webmail i can log into ok, I even sent and received email from it to my work laptop  this mrning which suggests webmail and the account settings are ok, just outlook says no and keeps asking for my password, the same one I am using to access webmail ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

This sometimes happens, the servers seem to fail synchronising passwords.

This is not guaranteed to work, but often does.  Shut down all clients, change your password in webmail, wait for at least one hour to give the servers chance to sync and then try with Outlook using the new password. If successful, rinse and repeat with clients on other devices if necessary.

Post back if that doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

ok thanks.

0 Ratings