I use Outlook on my android phone to keep up to date with my emails. All was fine but recently it keeps asking me to enter all my details i.e. email address, BT server settings for incoming and outgoing mail. I do that but I get a message cannot log in. The only solution is to uninstall the App and start again. But then it will happen again. I contacted support at outlook who said they has similar complaints from other BT users and suggested there was a problem at the BT end. The more I look at it and others with similar problems I really don't know what the cause is. Could it be a problem with the App more than BT
Solved! Go to Solution.
Happens all the time, the simplest solution is to do nothing and it will right itself. Been happening for years, no proper solution ever found.
Yeah I suspect you are right. Probably the app. Some people were getting the same issues. It's just as quick to uninstall then download the App again. I've got all the settings memorized by now.
Hi thanks for that. Working at the moment though . I've moved almost all important stuff to a gmail account. I've had the BT one for donkey years so at end of day might do away with it if I get fed up with future problems
You could forward your btinternet mails to gmail and just use that one for everything.
Best to sign on to btinternet using webmail once in a while, but otherwise you can ignore it.
BT have not announced this but going by posts on the forum it would appear that BT are presently moving some BTYahoo email accounts onto the BTMail system prior to restarting a mass migration of BTYahoo accounts to BTMail.
With that in mind you might want to hold off moving your email account to another provider, but then again there is nothing to say that the new BTMail will be any better than what you are presently experiencing so you may be best to move.
This is an ongoing issue with Outlook for Android. - for some of us at least. Further contact with both BT and Microsoft have failed to resolve this so far. One problem might be the inability to set the SSL settings in setting up the account on Outlook for Android but I wish someone could get to the bottom of this as looking at past posts, this is a longstanding problem and not specifically related to the migration of BT/Yahoo mail. I
have four other email accounts set up on my Outlook for Android app and only have problems with the btinternet ones.