Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 44

Re: password change due to bt mail migration

@polish wrote:

Hi Andy

I am on BT yahoo at the moment but have been assured that migration was taking place yesterday and is ongoing!?  would appreciate it if you could find this out for me if at all possible. I did get a copy of the chat transcript too.

I had to change my password as I could not log in otherwise! I am worried now!

The link I posted in message 3 will be able to tell you which service you're on, but here it is again :-

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

As for the password change, there have been a fair few posts for that recently where people have been unable to login to their mail using a browser typically, and others via no method. It could be a coincidence that the password issue was related to that, and at the same time of your changeover.

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 44

Hi Andy

Thanks just checked again and still on BT Yahoo!  you talk about the changeover so was the advisor correct in saying the migration is happening have you found out?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 44

@polish wrote:

Hi Andy

Thanks just checked again and still on BT Yahoo!  you talk about the changeover so was the advisor correct in saying the migration is happening have you found out?

Hi. I've no idea about any migration restarting. Hence the surprise at your case. It would be strange for just one or two individuals having their service altered.

The info on the BT website somewhere still says the migration has been suspended.

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 44

Hi Andy the advisor said as below:- have taken out my name, he refers to more than a couple of people being migrated!  I would like to know why they are telling customers untruths!

[05:50:15 PM]You say I should log in on yahoo but I am still able to log in on BT.com
[05:50:38 PM] Where should I log in after 24 hours, BT.com?
[05:51:20 PM]Elvis: Yes try it after 24 hours and I am sure that your issue will be fixed
[05:51:31 PM]  : Are you saying after 24 hours I should log in to BT.com email?
[05:51:42 PM]  or Yahoo?
[05:51:51 PM] Elvis: BT mail
[05:52:09 PM] so I go into BT.com home page and click on email link?
[05:52:19 PM] Elvis: Yes
[05:52:47 PM]: that is what I have just done and it has taken me in but it is still the BT yahoo email
[05:53:09 PM] Is it definite I am migrated over to BT Mail?
[05:53:39 PM] : The reason I ask again is  I was told migration to bt mail had been postponed?!
[05:54:50 PM] Elvis: No it is going on but its talking time because there are more than 200 to 400 people migrating
[05:55:10 PM] Elvis: Due to which you are facing this issue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 44

Perhaps he thought it's now or never.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 44

Brilliant!!!!
0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 44

Yes that had passed my mind when chatting!

Andy any comment please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 44

@polish wrote:

Yes that had passed my mind when chatting!

Andy any comment please?

Hmmmmm ...

Logging into mail via bt.com would take you to either BTYahoo or BTMail, depending on whether you had been migrated or not. The link is a generic one.

Not sure what he was talking about with regard 200-400. Does that mean 200-400 people still to migrate, or at any one time? If so, how long does it take to migrate a mailbox? If it's 200-400 at a time, then with possibly 100s of 1000s still to go, it'll take years.

Note he didn't say whether he thought your account should have been migrated ...

He needed to give proper details, suspicious minds want to know ...

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 44

Okay Andy will just wait and see what transpires with the migration. 

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 44

When I go into BT.Com and then click on the email logo next to My BT it takes me into as below so am still on Bt Yahoo

BT ID or Email address Password

Forgotten password?

Keep me logged in Check this box to stay logged in to your BT email on this computer

By logging in I agree that cookies may be set on my browser. Learn more

If you receive a message asking you to change your password, it's important you do so.

Find out more at www.bt.com/secure

0 Ratings