Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 31 of 44

Re: password change due to bt mail migration

@Andy_N wrote:

@SeanD wrote:

@polish wrote:

HI Andy

Yes it looks as if still on BT Yahoo, came up with the following!  is there any way you can find out if migration is taking place again?

Your BT Email service

You are currently on the BT Yahoo Mail service

Hi @polish

Sorry for the delay in posting on your thread, I am playing catchup.  Sorry for the information you have received via your online chat, I am afraid the adviser who handled your chat is mistaken.  Migrations to BT Mail are on hold and this status has not changed.  At the moment I have no information as to when migration will start again.

Cheers

Sean

Hi Sean.

Judging by the responses being given by the support team which oppose what you're saying, which is correct ?

It's shocking that it's not the same.

Do you actually inform the management of online chat that their people are giving the wrong information ?

The situation is simply not good enough, and the details need to be made clear - and everyone should be singing from the same song sheet. How do they get their information to say migration is still happening ? How do you get your information to say that it's not ?

Hi @Andy_N

I have triple checked with the management team involved in the migrations and can confirm without any doubt that the migrations are on hold until further notice.  If I could offer any more information then I can assure you that I would.

This information is provided on our central briefing system which is open to all employees so there should be no reason for wrong information getting out, however human error can play a factor here.  I have already provided feedback to the manager of the adviser that provided the incorrect info to polish so coaching will be provided to ensure this does not happen again.

@polish I am very sorry for the confusion that has been caused here.  I was able to locate the chat transcripts by searching the email reference of the email you sent the mods last year.  I found the transcript and copied it over the the manager of that Live chat team with a request that his team are briefed again on the current status of mail migrations.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 44

@SeanD Thanks for the confirmation that the migration is still on hold. However, I believe it is about time senior management were made aware of the level of frustration their secrecy over this matter is causing and that it is about time customers were treated properly and informed of both the cause of the halt and the way forward. I am sure the mod team are as frustrated with this as everyone else particularly if they are gagged by management.
0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 33 of 44

Hi Sean

I appreciate what you are saying but I was put through by telephone to the broadband team (this was not the chat team) and the person I spoke to confirmed that migration is still ongoing - surely that team should be up to date?! maybe you could check who I spoke to as I understand calls are monitored and recorded and/or contact the broadband team!  I know what I was told.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 44

I don't think any body is doubting what you were told. The doubt is the accuracy of what you were told.

I would say that Sean is pretty clear about the migrations being on hold going by his reply:-

"I have triple checked with the management team involved in the migrations and can confirm without any doubt that the migrations are on hold until further notice".

I would be more inclined to believe Sean than anybody on the "broadband team".  In any event I don't understand why you would have been passed the "broadband team" if you have an email password problem. If anything it should have been the "email team" that you were passed to.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 44

polish  We all understand your frustration with this, and so much confusion amongst the staff is a pretty bad show by BT. However, Sean has got a definitive reply and it's really time to accept it. In the very unlikely event that the misinformation you refuse to discard turns out to be true, you will get an email one morning soon saying that you've been migrated to BT Mail and you can come back here and blow a big raspberry. Otherwise it's alas just a question of waiting until something does happen, hoping that it's before Prince George's coronation.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 44

I spoke to someone called Liam about another issue and then asked about the migration to btmail and he said that he would get someone from the department to speak to me which he did, all I can say is yes Sean is more than likely correct however when I have been told by the said department you can understand my asking!

Not really helpful to the last two posts to take that type of stance to my questions!

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 44

Not really happy with your tone and implication of my not accepting the reply given

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 44

Nobody is taking a stance about your questions. It just appeared that you were not accepting that the person you spoke to is wrong despite Sean stating twice that the migration was on hold and that he had that confirmed by the management team involved in the migration process.

It means that what ever your password problem is/was, it has/had nothing to do with the migration process which is evident by the fact that you are still on BTYahoo and none of the process that you need to go through once your email account is migrated has been offered to you.

Leaving aside the migration question, do you still have a problem with your password or are you able to log onto your email?

polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 44

Hi my password was sorted after having spoken to the email department, I was passed to the broadband department with the specific question of migration and as this was not the chat room I assumed the broadband department would have it right! obviously wrong again!

Still do not like being questioned on whom I believed about the migration!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 44

Fair enough. In future if you have been given wrong information and I know it is wrong I'll not enlighten you so that you won't have to question who is right or wrong!

0 Ratings