cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

phantom account

i seem to have got my email accounts into a mess. Started because Outlook wouldnt receive emails (though would connect and  send) on one of two sub-accounts. The other sub-account had no problem. BT insisted it was a MS problem even though the settings on both accounts were identical and I knew the p/w as right. I "solved" the problem by resetting the p/w via webmail. That though caused an issue on my Android phone which I also use for emails. Basically I ended up with three accounts on the phone, one of which isnt listed when going to "Manage Accounts" on the Yahoo email app - so I obviously can't delete it.

I've looked back at webmail and this phantom account (temporarily called temp) now appears within the 2nd sub-account i.e. the one that was working ok but it has the emails from the 1st! I can see how to delete it there but it then comes with a warning that doing so will delete everything re that account and cant be undone. i don't want to delete the 1st sub-account from the universe, only from this strange association with the 2nd.

Any thoughts please - pic of where the account appears in webmail is below.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: phantom account

In the absence of any suggestions, I thought I would try another tack. I created another sub-account with the intention of linking it in the same way as the one I want to get rid of, then unlinking it to see if the new sub-account did in fact vanish off the face of the earth or just from the link.  When I went to settings, accounts, add a mailbox, the system tells me "adding accounts from your email provider is not supported"!!  In that case how did the existing mailbox link get there? 

I would therefore still appreciate any comments on whether deleting the mailbox link does in fact zap the entire account (as the message suggests) or merely removes the mailbox link.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: phantom account

For the benefit of anyone else having this problem: having spoken to someone in Executive Complaints (I was raising another separate issue and asked this as well) I was assured that deleting the link between the two mailboxes did not completely delete the email account - only the details of that account accessed from the other. So I went ahead and said yes to the deletion after the warnings and so far the everything is working fine.

0 Ratings