cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulwiggy
Message 1 of 2

policy (3.2.2.1) Your message looks like SPAM

Hi

When my accounting system sends an email to an @btinternet.com email address it gets rejected with the following message 

Message rejected on 2018/05/15 16:50:05 BST, policy (3.2.2.1) – Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM please read www.bt.com/bulksender - Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering

When I send a similar email from the same system to the spam checking site https://www.mail-tester.com/ I get a perfect 10/10 score.

Is there any way to find out exactly why @btinternet.com is rejecting my emails as spam?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: policy (3.2.2.1) Your message looks like SPAM

@paulwiggywrote:

Hi

@When my accounting system sends an email to an @btinternet.com email address it gets rejected with the following message 

Message rejected on 2018/05/15 16:50:05 BST, policy (3.2.2.1) – Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM please read www.bt.com/bulksender - Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering

When I send a similar email from the same system to the spam checking site https://www.mail-tester.com/ I get a perfect 10/10 score.

@is there any way to find out exactly why @btinternet.com is rejecting my emails as spam?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately you've fallen foul of the problem that is BTinternet.

Has this just started to happen? If so, can pinpoint when it started and if you're doing anything different, like including links/attachments etc. That shouldn't cause an issue - but BTinternet mail team will deny it's their fault, and always have done. They simply don't listen.

I assume that emails to other domains are fine?

What BT want people to do is contact the postmaster@btinternet.com, which I have always said - and will continue to say, that is NOT the way to do it. The postmaster treats these as though it's the first time they've seen the fault and deal with each one - but do NOT look at root causes for the amount they must have got. The postmaster needs to get to these forums and answer properly - but they will not.

Sorry about this, but I find this whole thing shocking - and is part of a long line of faults with BTinternet email.

0 Ratings