cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Margo
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

problem accessing email on iphone

I can no longer access my emails on my iphone, in spite of going through the security questions and resetting the password.  I can still acces email on my laptop using the new password that I set up on my iphone.  I have also tried turning my phone off and back on.

Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
GeoffRh
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: problem accessing email on iphone

I am having similar trouible with an IPad. After resetting the mail account paqssword on my desktop, I have been unable to send emails from my IPad, even after chnaging that password in line. I went into an Apple Store this morning who said that it appears to be a problem at the BT end as the password has changed successfully on the IPad but is not being recognised by BT.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

if you read other posts on forum about bt yahoo mail you will see you are not alone but unfortunately there has been no solution as of yet apart from use a third party email client

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

This might help:-

When you change your BT password on an iPad it may only change for the incomimg mail.

To change the outgoing mail password you have to go into Settings; then scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars. 

From there select the BT Internet account and select the account where it is listed under IMAP.   

You will find the details for the account and can change the password for the Incoming Mail Server there, but the outgoing mail server only shows SMTP and mail.btinternet.com

If you tap on the outgoing mail server it shows that t it is 'on'.  You have to tap on that Primary Server to find where the Outgoing password is hidden so you can update it.  

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Unfortunately users are either informed to change password, or the system implies changing the password.

There is usually no need to change it, it's a server access issue that can right itself after a few hours or a few days.

A password change via MyBT can sometimes not sync with email, in which case using the old password may still actually work.

Also changing password, and with apps/clients set to check every few minutes, this can fail to sync. Webmail can still work. In these cases, turn off any autochecks, change password again - wait 15 minutes and try one app/client at a time.

If with BTYahoo (webmail shows a Yahoo image), then logging in via :-

https://mail.yahoo.com

has been seen to kickstart app/client access.

0 Ratings