Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

problem with bt yahoo mail

Go to solution

Recently (2 weeks ?) I have been having problems using bt yahoo mail & I am sometimes unable to log in & then being told that "my details are incorrect"

After going through the "lost password" routine (having a pin sent to another email address) I reset my password which gives me access to "bt.com"

If I then try to log in to my yahoo mail account it puts me into  bt.com & then I go to the email heading & it will not accept my log in attempts & then locks me out for 15 mins for "too many failed attempts"

I have scanned my pc for problems & it reports clear

I have used this email account since the "openworld" days without any problems until now & my hotmail account works normally

Any ideas ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: problem with bt yahoo mail

Go to solution
Just seen a screen msg saying yahoo mail is "experiencing problems" & to try again later
hmmm
0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

now completely locked out of bt yahoo mail
even after going through the reset password thing several times I still get "incorrect details" message
could it be that my yahool mail account has been closed/blocked for some reason
"my bt" log in works as normal, but when I try to log in to email it presents me with the "my bt" page with the email link at the top of the page underlined, from then on it will not accept my log in details.....if I try to reset the mail password it resets the "my bt" password only

confused.com

D*ck

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Fixed this now by going into Yahoo mail from yahoo.com & going through the password reset thing
This has now seperated bt yahoo mail from bt.com with seperate passwords & works normally again.
I don't know why or how it got itself in a tangle by wanting to use bt.com as the portal to bt yahoo mail ?

I'll mark this as fixed but not solved as I don't know how to stop this happening again

D*ck
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@dcdickwrote:
Fixed this now by going into Yahoo mail from yahoo.com & going through the password reset thing
This has now seperated bt yahoo mail from bt.com with seperate passwords & works normally again.
I don't know why or how it got itself in a tangle by wanting to use bt.com as the portal to bt yahoo mail ?

I'll mark this as fixed but not solved as I don't know how to stop this happening again

D*ck

Your best bet is not to use the BT portal, and use the direct email links to email :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

or

https://mail.yahoo.com (for BTYahoo only).

Of course, app/clients are better still - and provide backup security in case webmail fails or the account gets lost.

Better still move away from BTinternet email and use something else altogether, such as Gmail.