cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacopo
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

problems with migrating btmail to IMAP in outlook 2011

After migrating from pop to IMAP succesfully, today, after only one day, my incoming emails are not working anymore in outlook 2011.   I regularly receive and send emails from my other devices, ie iphone and ipad, but Outlook 2011 tells me " not connected to btinternet".  This is a real nightmare as I just spent hours migrating and cleaning all issues relating to it.

Interestingly yesterday as i set IMAP, it would not let me click the : use ssl to connect" box as recommended.

I cant work without outlook receiving my bt emails....can anyone help please?  the ports shown are 143 incoming and 25 outgoing.

thank you

ps it wall woking fine until this morning!!!  

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: problems with migrating btmail to IMAP in outlook 2011

Recommended ports are 993 with SSL incoming and 465 with SSL outgoing.  143 and 25 are insecure ports so you will not be able to select SSL.

0 Ratings
jacopo
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

i used the override function to input 993 and it still does not work with or without ssl.

I am abpe to send emails but not to receive them  in the bottom right hand corner of the main outlook window it says: not connected to btinternet.   

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Can you recieve mail ok on webmail by logging in here https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
jacopo
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

yes and to my surprise the connection came backon my outlook as well! and i now receive all emails again.  afer three hours! for no reason whatsoever.... i am confused. 

i am scvared that outlook will remain unreliable!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I don't think that it is Outlook that is unreliable, it's more likely to be BTMail being flaky!!

0 Ratings
jacopo
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

maybe...but webmail worked fine and so did my iphone and ipad.....which are also set up in imap   

0 Ratings