Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Johnny3145
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

"An error occurred when getting the email folder list. Please try again later"

Hi everyone,

As of today, I am no longer able to access my btinternet.com email account.  I have tried on my 2 mobile phones (gmail app), my tablet (resident email app), laptop email client and also via webmail.  I have been using all of these devices for at least the last 18 months, no problems.  However, as of today, the phones and tablets, they are looking for a password, which I have entered correctly and I know is correct as well as loads of info about SMTPs or SSLs opr ports or something.  The email client simply refused to connect.  The webmail delivered the message in the title.

An online chat with a BT person in India did not solve the problem.  They promised it would be fixed by 6pm.  I've had these promises before...and they didn't deliver either.

I am very concerned as I cannot access my email.  How do I get access back?

I am now being forced to consider migrating my email to somewhere like gmail instead because gmail (and every other email provider it seems) has systems which just work with all devices whereas bt email is unreliable, still uses ancient technology and is a nightmare to set up on any device as I have to enter reams of stuff to do with SMTPs or SSLs or whatever.  However, migrating is a big deal as I'll have to change it on multiple services I use.  I'd rather have  a fix.

Any help you can offer in getting access back to my bt email is gratefully received!

Many thanks

Johnny3145

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
albertj
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: "An error occurred when getting the email folder list. Please try again later"

Hi @Johnny3145

Welcome to the Community!

Are you a BT Customer with an active broadband account or are you paying for Premium Email?

Thanks

--
Please press the thumbs up if you found my response useful and mark it as a solution if I resolved your query.
0 Ratings
Johnny3145
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: "An error occurred when getting the email folder list. Please try again later"

I am a BT customer with an active account and have had an active account and being a BT customer for well over 20 years.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Johnny3145 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are unable to access your BT email account. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team and we will help you with this.
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings