Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

"Email address no longer exists"

Go to solution

Hi, 

When logging into my email I get the above error message.  I had a live chat with a bt help "agent" who said that because I hadn't logged into my account for over 60 days, my account has been deleted and was irretrievable, though the only reason I didn't access my account was because I couldn't access it through the normal sign in procedure.  I instead used a gmail client where I could still read email sent to the email address in question.  Does anyone know if there is any solution?  

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

*Email address no longer exists"

Go to solution

Hi, 

When logging into my email I get the above error message.  I had a live chat with a bt help "agent" who said that because I hadn't logged into my account for over 60 days, my account has been deleted and was irretrievable, though the only reason I didn't access my account was because I couldn't access it through the normal sign in procedure.  I instead used a gmail client where I could still read email sent to the email address in question.  Does anyone know if there is any solution?  

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: "Email address no longer exists"

Go to solution

If your email account has been deleted because it was not being accessed you have 60 days from the date of deletion to recover the account. If the 60 days have passed there is no way to recover it.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Re: *Email address no longer exists"

Go to solution

@md2812wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you confirm that you accessed your btinternet email account within the last 60 days via the gmail client? If that's the case, the account should still be active.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

It might make a difference if you were accessing your BT account via your gmail account or were you forwarding your email from your BT email account to your gmail account. Can you clarify which method you were using.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Re: "Email address no longer exists"

Go to solution

Hi @md2812,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me today.

The direct link to the page we were talking about is:

BT Email Management

Once there, click on reactivate and then let me know if it restores your mailbox Smiley Happy

There's a chance that it may not work but I want to try everything to help you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @md2812,

I've checked the account but it looks like you haven't reactivated it yet. Can you try it for me and let me know how you get on? I'll be in the office tomorrow.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings