Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gordgoodfellow
Contributor
Message 101 of 112

Re: "The mail server mail.btinternet.com is not responsing" Solved

Go to solution

BT should have their licence taken away.

BT is not fit to be a service provider of any kind.

BT's standards are woefully poor (when compared with what I get from [their competitor, who I am not allowed to mention] and I am also saving around £35 a month (or around £420 a year) by going to [their competitor, who I am not allowed to mention].

The feeling fo freedom is almost overwhelming.

I no longer have to worry about BT incompetence, or BT's pointless low standards, or dealing with BT's witless technical "support".

I will be writing about all my escapades with BT over the last 20 years, with links to recodings of BT technical "support" and the BT "Ingenious Department".

It will be a laugh a minute, I promise you.

I am going to treat BT in the same waya s they have treated me for 20 years, and I'm going to enjoy every blissful moment of it.

0 Ratings
edwardblack
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 112

Re: "The mail server mail.btinternet.com is not responsing" Solved

Go to solution

I look forward to reading the blow-by-blow account

0 Ratings
closetoleaving
Beginner
Message 103 of 112

Re: "The mail server mail.btinternet.com is not responsing"

Go to solution

Unfortunately for this customer it is not solved.  Not been able to access account via iPhone or IPad for over 4 days now.  My only option it seems is to sit patiently, with my fingers crossed an hope for the best.  What a service!

0 Ratings
Swampylee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 104 of 112

Go to solution

Same here - no email available on iOS or Outlook (on PC) for 4 days. It occasionally springs back to life, normally over night, but then goes out again in the morning. It's a joke and raising an issue with "support" is a complete waste of time.

0 Ratings
g3vzv
Beginner
Message 105 of 112

Go to solution

I know I said this back in December last year but it solved my problem then and it has not reappeared since...so repeating is probably tempting fate but if it helps... "Simply stop all your various email clients from trying to do regular checks for new emails. Their system sees this a potentially fraudulent activity and locks out all clients for an unspecified period. I had clients on my laptop, ipad and mobile phone all set to check for new emails every 5 mins and this broke it. Switching off this auto update for a while and then setting it for a longer period seems to have fixed it"

0 Ratings
closetoleaving
Beginner
Message 106 of 112

Go to solution

Thanks, have tried but not done the trick for me.  Now one day short of not being able to access my mail for a whole week via my iPad / iPhone.  It's a miserable service provided by BT that relies on the hassle factor of switching to trap customers.  And the irony is the longer you've been with BT the more your life is entwined with your BT email address and the less easy to leave.  What a way to reward loyalty!

0 Ratings
geoffstraw
Message 107 of 112

Go to solution

Me too.  I linked my Binternet email to my yahoo and hotmail accounts and everything was fine but then the btinternet link stopped woking and got error messages everytime i logged in asking me to reset or fix my account. I have tried everything but nothing works . This has now been happinging for so long that I no longer need or use my btinternet email account so I am free to find another internet provider without the hassle of losing my email address.  BT your support service is appalling.

0 Ratings
ratbag1
Beginner
Message 108 of 112

Go to solution

I've had 7 years of it and I'm a Mac user. They constantly blame Apple. But problems only occur when I have to reset my BT router or something. Sick of BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 109 of 112

Go to solution

@ratbag1wrote:

I've had 7 years of it and I'm a Mac user. They constantly blame Apple. But problems only occur when I have to reset my BT router or something. Sick of BT.

If it's been a problem for that long, then surely your best bet is to get a Gmail address or two - start using that, tell all your contacts and all websites needing it as a contact point. It might take a few months, but you'll be better off.

MarkRocketman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 110 of 112

Go to solution

I think it is fairly safe to say BT Openreach  don't feel any real responsibility for delivery any non fee bearing applications. They are quick to point out that Email is a "free" service as part of your BT Openreach package and as such BT (Yahoo) mail for the private user is only lightly supported for anything over web browsing / web mail. In fact the support staff consider "everything working as it should be" if you can log in to web-mail.  BT probably don't get any income from mail  unlike Google and  Microsoft who probably mine data  from your email which they flog to grateful fee paying advertisers and researchers.  There is of course no such thing as a free lunch so if you want something good for nothing that is what you will get so...

Let Google sell your data or rent a mail box from an a third party  at additional cost  but with a service level agreement. Both work both are motivated to make it work because that's what gets their doe!

That is your choice. 

0 Ratings