Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SGM1
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

"The mail server mail.btinternet.com is not responsing"

Go to solution

Dear All,

Since last night I am facing problems with my BT Yahoo mail account on both my ipad and my BlackBerry 10.

More specifically on my ipad I am prompted with the above captioned error message and no new messages are downloaded. On the other hand in my BlackBerry 10 I am able to send messages (this has been verified) but I cannot receive anything.

Nonetheless my web based BT Yahoo Mail account works perfectly well !

Has anyone experienced the same problems ? 

Appreciate your assistance to this matter.

Thanking you in advance.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: "The mail server mail.btinternet.com is not responsing"

Go to solution

I would suggest that you leave things alone and do not change any settings or passwords on your devices. It may well be a server problem that will sort its self out in a day or two. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Try logging in and out at https://mail.yahoo.com in webmail, that can sometimes kick things back into life.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

He has said his webmail works OK so presumably he has done that Smiley Wink

Edit: Oops  Perhaps not via Yahoo link you posted though!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
SGM1
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
Thank you for your responses. About one and a half hours ago I received on my Blackberry a number of incoming messages that I knew I had received during the night after checking the web based BT Yahoo Email. When this happened I decided to write and send a test email to myself using my BLackberry. What happened is that this test email together with other emails (including notifications for new messages of this thread) came in after an hour's time. At the same time nothing has been received on my ipad. It still says that it cannot connect to the bt.internet.com server. Looks like the problem is neither on my end nor having to do something with Blackberry's servers.
0 Ratings
SGM1
Beginner
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Although earlier today I got the impression that I was getting close to having the problem rectified, it proved that this is not the case.

It has been almost 4.5 hours since I sent this test email to myself but still have not received anything (was able to receive it though on the web-based client). I even sent a furter test email an hour ago.

It surprises me also that one else has reported experiencing similar problems. 

Cannot be a coincidence that the service was interrupted at the same time on two different platforms (Blackberry 10 * iOS).  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Many people continuously report problems of this nature, the forum is full of them.

0 Ratings
DavidC
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

One of my accounts refuses to work this morning but others are OK.

My experience is that it's pointless reporting it tp BT as they always refuse to admit it might be anything on their servers and advises me to reload/re-instal windows and/or the mail client. Then everyone jumps in with 'reload windows/use a different mail client cos xxxx is rubbish/use web mail!

Then, all of a sudden, it works fine again.

I had a week or so of no mail at all a while back (although web mail was fine). I switched from Thunderbird to Mail at several peoples suggestion - still the same. Magically it suddenly started working again (in both Thunderbird and Mail!)

I'm hoping the problem will fix itself fairly soon.

DavidC

0 Ratings
SGM1
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
As of this morning everything is back to the usual standards of operation. I hope everyone else’s problems are rectified the soonest !
0 Ratings