Since last night I am facing problems with my BT Yahoo mail account on both my ipad and my BlackBerry 10.
More specifically on my ipad I am prompted with the above captioned error message and no new messages are downloaded. On the other hand in my BlackBerry 10 I am able to send messages (this has been verified) but I cannot receive anything.
Nonetheless my web based BT Yahoo Mail account works perfectly well !
Has anyone experienced the same problems ?
Appreciate your assistance to this matter.
Thanking you in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I would suggest that you leave things alone and do not change any settings or passwords on your devices. It may well be a server problem that will sort its self out in a day or two.
He has said his webmail works OK so presumably he has done that :smileywink:
Edit: Oops Perhaps not via Yahoo link you posted though!
Although earlier today I got the impression that I was getting close to having the problem rectified, it proved that this is not the case.
It has been almost 4.5 hours since I sent this test email to myself but still have not received anything (was able to receive it though on the web-based client). I even sent a furter test email an hour ago.
It surprises me also that one else has reported experiencing similar problems.
Cannot be a coincidence that the service was interrupted at the same time on two different platforms (Blackberry 10 * iOS).
Many people continuously report problems of this nature, the forum is full of them.
One of my accounts refuses to work this morning but others are OK.
My experience is that it's pointless reporting it tp BT as they always refuse to admit it might be anything on their servers and advises me to reload/re-instal windows and/or the mail client. Then everyone jumps in with 'reload windows/use a different mail client cos xxxx is rubbish/use web mail!
Then, all of a sudden, it works fine again.
I had a week or so of no mail at all a while back (although web mail was fine). I switched from Thunderbird to Mail at several peoples suggestion - still the same. Magically it suddenly started working again (in both Thunderbird and Mail!)
I'm hoping the problem will fix itself fairly soon.