Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 12

"We've blocked your email address"

Hi Moderators, 

Please can a moderator allow me to contact them as i have received a text message from BT advising me my email address has been blocked as it might not be secure. I have gone round in circles with customer services with no help. 

This is a known issue which a lot of people seem to be experiencing I think as I have seen many posts on twitter with people reporting the same problem. I have tried to reset my password my bt id is now working but not my email address when I log online through the bt website. Please can a moderator contact me so I can explain in more detail. 

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: "We've blocked your email address"

Are you a current bt broadband customer or do you have premium mail

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 12

I am a currently a bt broadband customer. My email is still on the old bt yahoo email and has not been migrated to the new bt email. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Can you access email using web mail and if so can you change password

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 12

I have tried to change the password which it allowed me. I can access mail through my iPhone mail app but not through web mail. Previously it would not allow me to even log into my bt id but now I can access my bt id, but when ever I try to access my bt email through web mail it takes me to a screen where it asks me to link my email to my bt id which every time I try to do this it says incorrect password. The password is 100% correct because I use it to first log into my bt id. Once again I need a moderator to be in contact with me please can a mod help thanks. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

There would appear to be a major issue with BT locking email accounts and the resetting of passwords not working as smoothly as it should or indeed working at all.

BT are in their usual manner not issuing any statement as to why this is happening on such an apparently large scale or giving any helpful information how to resolve the issue.

If you do get any useful information when and if your problem is eventually resolved could you post it back here.

PaddyB
Message 7 of 12

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems accessing your email through WebMail. I'd like to take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 12

Hi Paddy, 

Thanks for your help. I have already replied to your private message please can you contact me ASAP I really need to speak to someone thanks again. 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

The mods will contact you when your case reaches the top of their queue, they are only a small team and are extremely busy and deal with cases in strict order of receipt.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 12

Hi Mods, 

I still have not received contact from anyone. I have replied too the Mods private message and I was told that I will get a call back within 48 hours please can a mod advise when this will be? my issue is simple and I just need to clarify a few points thanks. 

0 Ratings