Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
purple_kathryn
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

"too many failed login attempts" message when I try to access email

Go to solution

When i tried to access my email via my PC this evening i got a message about too many recent failed attempts to login to my email (?) and i had to reset my password

when i tried to reset my password it told me it didn't recognise my details

when i tried the "forgot password" link i assume I've borked my mothers maiden name somewhere along the line as I got told to contact live support

which I did, they reset the password, gave me a link to email, which took me to the "too many failed attempts" page but i was able to reset.

When i then tried to login about 10 mins later (it says wait 2) i get back to the same failed attempts page.

I'm not really sure what to do now.   I can no longer access the email via my phone now either.  The email app just keeps saying it's syncing and the yahoo app gives me the same too many failed attempts message.

edited to add - i wonder if it was the mail application that comes with windows 10, i could never get it set up for BT and it would randomly send me an alert about my settings being out of date.  I've deleted the account from it and have reset the password again.

edited again: still no 😞

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
purple_kathryn
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: "too many failed login attempts" message when I try to access email

Go to solution
Finally resolved it!
0 Ratings