Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

resetting email password reset bt ID password instead

Go to solution

I have several btopenworld email accounts that I can access via logging onto email using my BT ID and password as the master  - I then have a list of emails to choose from. Each email has it's own individual password that can be used just to display that email.

I know have a need to let someone access this individual email, but I cannot remember the individual password.

I went into my BT using my BT ID and eventually found the list of email addresses and the option to change passwords. Following the procedure that I was presented with, actually changed my BT ID and not the individual email address.

Could someone help, there was a similar posting recently, but the link it referred to was not there.

Michael

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DanielS
Message 2 of 6

Re: resetting email password reset bt ID password instead

Go to solution

Hi @ypt,

I'm sorry to hear that that happened to you.

Can you try and reset the email address password again please? Also, if your BT ID is also a BT email can you still access your emails with the new password?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Its not wholly intuitive, I managed to change my primary BTID password when attempting to change a sub account password.

A few screenshots.

At the login screen click on forgotten details.

subpwd6.jpg

Click on get pin code

subpwd7.jpg

subpwd9.jpg

Enter Pin and click next.

subpwd8.jpg

At this screen enter the new password, ignore references to BTID

ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Daniel

Thanks for reply, my BTID is not a btopenworld.com email. 

I tried again with same results, licquorice has had the same problem - at the moment he has confused me, I'm going to ask for clarifycation.

It's a pity that BT don't employ someone that come up with decent programmes- as licquorice says the system is not intuitative. As I used to be a software tester, i know what is possible.

Michael

0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks to both of you,

I tried again, using the screen shots as help, and it worked fine this time.

The only difference when entering the secondary email, this time I used "@btinternet.com " . When I entered "btopenworld" it said there was no email with those details.To enterTo enter

This screen shot shows where I started my journey, you have to click on it to get it at a reasonable size.

Michael

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I'm glad someone has sorted it out.  I was having the greatest of difficulties.

Why does BT seem to make such a mess of the simple things?  I cancelled out of this screen flow several times, because it says that this will change the password for my BT ID - which it does not!  After several failed atempts to use alternative routes, I found this thread which gave me the confidence to go through the process with my fingers crossed.  Thank goodness, it changed the password on the sub account, not the BT ID. I've changed the password on a second sub account as a check.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings