Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoff12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

restrictions on received e-mails?

Go to solution

A finance company (large, reputable) claims that it has sent e-mails to my address, none of which have arrived in my in-box or spam folder. Is it possible that my e-mail is set up in such a way that these e-mails could be rejected? I receive e-mails from e.g. investment companies.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: restrictions on received e-mails?

Go to solution

The BT spam filters would appear to be over zealous at times and they may be stopping the emails from reaching your account.

If you are on the BTMail email system as opposed to the BTYahoo email system you could try entering the email domain from the company into your "safe senders" list to see if that helps.

You can do this by logging onto your email account and clicking on your username at the right hand side then click on "Settings" then "Mail" and then "Safe Senders".

Once there enter the company's domain (the part after the @) in to the "Safe Senders" list. ie  *@example.com. Note the * symbol.

0 Ratings
Geoff12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for this advice.

I have checked settings as you suggest, and  there is nothing set up to reject mail from any particular sender. I note the process for setting up a 'safe sender'.

If the company is to be believed it sent important e-mails  in January June and August. It seems surprising that all these e-mails would have been completely stopped on each occasion, not even reaching the spam folder for viewing before deletion.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Have you confirmed with the company that they have your correct email address?

0 Ratings
Geoff12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I was speaking to the company yesterday and although they insisted they had used the correct address, when they read it out initially it sounded wrong. 

Based on your comments it seems to me unlikely that BT e-mail has caused the non-delivery.

I will soon be terminating the finance agreement and writing a letter describing my 'customer experience'  -  not very favourable.

Thanks again for your help

0 Ratings