cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali831
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

roll call for hacked email

so many people are raising the issue of a hacked email but it would be interesting to actually see how many of us there are. so just leave a simple reply saying something like 'add me' please only reply to this thread once then we can see how many unique forum members reply

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
ali831
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: roll call for hacked email

add me

0 Ratings
Sool
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

My mother's primary email account, which had a strong password, was accessed to send the Single Mom $89,000 email to her contact list in groups of 8 on Wednesday evening. This was repeated a few hours later (via a mobile in India), after which the password was changed. The email account had several sub-accounts but none of these was affected.

On Friday morning a seperate primary account of my mother's, which also had a strong password, but which is accessed from a different machine at another address was also compromised, with a similar message being circulated around a different contact group. The password for that account has also now been changed.

My primary account has a number of sub-accounts and none of my accounts have an online contact list. However, during a 5 minute period last Monday evening, one of my sub-accounts received over 50 mail delivery failure notices, some of which contained Chinese script. The original message body from the returned messages was about Stocks and Penny Stocks.

0 Ratings
anotherhackedoff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Add me

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

+ me.

0 Ratings
rochyfish
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

My step dad's btinternet email was compromised yesterday, my partners btinternet was compromised today, both are used on different machines on different networks in different parts of the country, both were used to send the single mom makes money spam to their contact list.  

0 Ratings