Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gav70
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

sub account emails

Go to solution

Over night from Thursday 19th april we lost access to all our sub account emails. Primary one ok. Spoke to BT on the 20th and 21st. tried many ways to access them but either got an error or email not recognised. Apparently the problem is yahoo's and have been told i will have access to all my sub accounts tomorrow.

This is a desperate situation. Its not about changing passwords etc as that didn't work. BT have a hunch that one of my sub account emails as it is used as my bt id caused a problem following their upgrade.

Then they said its an issue with a yahoo server

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
toftman1
Beginner
Message 2 of 18

Re: sub account emails

Go to solution

Same issue for me also,  subemail account used for BTID is not reconised when logging into mail account.  works for the BTweb site ok where  i can only acssess my orignial bt/yahoo mail account. cannot access through my iphone either

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

@gav70wrote:

Over night from Thursday 19th april we lost access to all our sub account emails. Primary one ok. Spoke to BT on the 20th and 21st. tried many ways to access them but either got an error or email not recognised. Apparently the problem is yahoo's and have been told i will have access to all my sub accounts tomorrow.

This is a desperate situation. Its not about changing passwords etc as that didn't work. BT have a hunch that one of my sub account emails as it is used as my bt id caused a problem following their upgrade.

Then they said its an issue with a yahoo server

Hi, welcome to the forums.

How do you normally access the emails? Having tried changing the passwords, can you try webmail access for one of the accounts 

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

using the old password. Sometimes the password change doesn't stick.

If you use apps/devices, turn off any that might have auto check every few minutes.

Do you know if the accounts are btyahoo? If so try :-

https://mail.yahoo.com

If neither access works, and the accounts have been in continual use, then moderator intervention is required to check the account status.

Just for info, is the account associated with your BTBroadband account, or is it bt premium email?

0 Ratings
gav70
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

tried both of those login routes and it doesn't recognise any of the sub accounts but lets us login to the primary account. When we go via yahoo or my BT we get an error message if we try to rpoceed to mange emails etc. Its 7 sub accounts which were all active up until midnight of the 19th april and when we logged in at 7am on the 20th it wouldn't let us log in. BT can see on their system that all 7 emails are active and tried to change one password on one account but no joy....its not a password issue. As an aside on Midnight 19th/20th BT put a restriction on our broadband and lifted it by 8am the next morning for some reason but this probably isn't the issue. They think its related to when a sub acct is attached to the BT id login which is why so few users are having issues following their system upgrade last week. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

@gav70 if you need any help with this please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
gav70
Beginner
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Access to emails in sub accounts now resolved but BT could have handled it better. 

0 Ratings
gav70
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Access to Yahoo Bt sub accts now resolved. It is an issue with the yahoo server. BT could have handled this better and caused a lot of stress and issues for customers

0 Ratings
toftman1
Beginner
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution
Are you Shaw ?? As of 2 hours ago I was still have Ing the same issue. Do we need to make phones ??
0 Ratings
gav70
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

go on the twitter offensive and tweet @btcare @bt_uk  @bbcwatchdog and @stephbreakfast about your problems....amazing results

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

@gav70wrote:

@go on the twitter offensive and tweet @btcare @bt_uk  @bbcwatchdog and @stephbreakfast about your problems....amazing results

Hi again.

Glad the problem is fixed. Makes you wonder what the actual issue was, probably some form of account corruption.

The twitter teams can't help, the best place by far are these forums. The moderators have much more access to systems than everyone else.

0 Ratings