cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

sub email accounts

Go to solution

How do I manage my daughters sub account? If I go into manage email accounts it only allows me to add an account. I can find nowhere to access my family and friend sub accounts.

Help please!!!!

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: sub email accounts

Go to solution

If you have gifted the account, you can't manage it, only the recipient can. Managing is just the ability to delete it in any case.

What is it you are wishing to do with the account?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

I cant even see the account. My daughter has had this account from when I set  it up as one of the first bt email addresses when I worked there in the 1990's. She has used it ever since. but she logged in the morning, there was nothing there, all folders empty. She wanted me to check the account.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

How can I see/view my sub accounts? all "manage accounts" allows is to create a new account.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Did you ' gift' the account to her or did you just leave it as a sub account without gifting it?

If you gifted it, it will only appear in her MyBT not yours. 

To clarify, is the problem that she can't login or that she can login and all mail has disappeared.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Ok, just re-read message 3.

Managing sub accounts is a red herring, as I said previously, the only 'managing' you can do is delete the account.

You can check for her to see if you have the same problem by logging in here with her email address and password.

Has she recently added the account to an app on a mobile device or made any other changes?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

I set her account up over 20 years ago so bit difficult to remember if they had gifting back then. She has logged in but all folders are empty. this may be because she is logging into the old Yahoo account. I recently moved over to BT Halo2 with bt mail, so not sure if her account was moved too. whenever trying to login to BTmail with her address and password she gets one is not correct. I would like to just see her account to find out where it is.......

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

Our posts crossed.

Try logging in to her account at the link in my previous post.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

If you have set up a sub-account and "gifted" it to your daughter it should still show in your MyBT under the section  "Emails You have given to friends and family". You will not however be able to access it or manage it. the only option you will have is to remove it from your account.

If you have never "gifted" it or it is not showing in your MyBT it may be that the email account has become diss-associated from your BT Broadband account. This could have happened at any time since you set it up due to the various "migrations" that the BTMail system has under gone over the years.

You could try and "associate" it to your account by following this link.

Can I move my BT email address to another account? | BT Help

As well as confirming the information requested by licquorice can you confirm if your daughter has her own BTID and can she access her own MyBT can she see the email account there?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Just tried logging in with her credentials and got the following error:-

Please check you entered your username and password correctly and try again. If you need help remembering your username or password you can use the links below.

0 Ratings