cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 30

Re: suddenly can only get emails through cellular -BT server not working on WiFi unless through a VP

Go to solution

Hi @PSB1950,

I'm sorry you're having problems receiving your emails. I'll be able to get this investigated. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 30

Re: suddenly can only get emails through cellular -BT server not working on WiFi unless through a VP

Go to solution

Hi @PSB1950,

Thanks for getting in touch. I've picked up your case and I'm in contact with our suppliers.

As soon as I get more information back I'll be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution
Many thanks DanielS
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

Hey @PSB1950,

When you say that you cannot send,
- is there a problem with the authentication/connection?
- is the email sent but not received?
- is an error returned when sending (if so can you provide the error message)?

Is this any email to any recipient, or some emails some of the time?

You mentioned that you had a screenshot. Can you send it to me through a private message or else here providing that you have no personal information showing?

Thanks

DanielS

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution
Hi DanialS, it’s not sending I am having problems with it’s only receiving. See description of my entry earlier. With Wi-fi on fault occurs as described in my message (see screen shots). When I turn off Wi-fi and use 3G mail comes into inbox fine. Will try to send screen shots. Fault still current as of now. Thx Paul
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution
How do you attach jpeg on here. Or how do I send PM to you Daniel?? Thx Paul
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me this evening @PSB1950.

I'm happy that you have full access again.

If you ever need help in the future please feel free to get in touch.

Best wishes,

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

@PSB1950wrote:
How do you attach jpeg on here. Or how do I send PM to you Daniel?? Thx Paul

Hi.

Glad you're back working again.

Can you say what the problem was, so that if anyone else has a similar issue, the answer can be suggested within this thread. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

Hi AndyN, the fault was not really diagnosed. DanielS called me, and he thinks it might have been due to the local Portuguese IP address being blocked. The wifi I was mainly using was in our Portugal Apartment. It also had the fault though when trying to use any other 3rd Party wifi, for example at the local restaurant of cafe; even Faro airport wifi.

But when we got back to the UK at home on the BT wifi, it worked perfectly and all the email came in to the Mail App on the iPhone. Just to restate the iPhone Mail App would always send emails, and receive emails when wifi was turned off and using 3/4G. Aslo Gmail didn't miss a beat using the same iPhone Mail App.

DanielS suggested I might try a VPN when I am next in Portuagal apartment, that might overcome the IP address being blocked perhaps. When we are next back I will try that.

Thanks for all your support in trying to get to the bottom of this. Cheers, Paul

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

Hi DanielS, me again, with the same problem I had earlier in the month, when in Portugal. Emails won't send from Outlook, or iPhone. Error message is: -

Task '***Email edited*** - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC67) : '  The server responded: 421 Too many messages (2.3.2.3) from 86.166.107.212'

I was sending over 60 emails yesterday afternoon sending photos to my daughter, who is making a collage for her wedding day (this coming Sunday), it stopped send about halfway through.

So I should wait for 24 hours and the system will re-set?

If this is a known fault (or system security response to me sending a large number of email) then my business is on hold, and my clients will be looking elsewhere for support. Can I buy a different email package from BT so I am allowed to send lots of emails, although 60 isn't  a lot in a 90 minute period is it.

thanks in advance, Paul

0 Ratings