cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carmenpowell
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

synchonasing email to mobile and posting photos etc to email

Since Yahoo moved to BT.mail it is a nightmare to synchronise my emails from my mobile. I keep having to switch on and off several times a day and only works 30% of the time whats makes it very difficult to be on top of emails on the move.

Also it keeps asking me to sign in very,  as it says the tokens arent valid.

A big issue is I am able to post photos or documents to my email (from my mobile). When the sign in token comes in and ask me to tick photos, documents etc I am unable to do so therefore that part has never work.

Help pls!!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: synchonasing email to mobile and posting photos etc to email

Going by the faults you have mentioned you would appear to using the BTMail app. It is full of problems and my advice and that of others on the forum is to uninstall it and either use your devices own email app or use a decent tried and tested email app such as BlueMail or Aquamail.

When setting it up use the IMAP option and if you need the server settings they are in this link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

I presume you are using the new BT Mail app which is absolutely dire. Uninstall it and install a proper mail app such as Blue Mail or Aquamail. There is absolutely no need to use the BT app.

Edit: Snap!!

carmenpowell
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for your quick recommendation. I didn't know I could use BT email with other applications.

I will try right now!

0 Ratings