cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dc12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

talk21.com addresses

I have just been moved onto the new BT mail - I logon to my email account as  me@talk21.com,   (me being my name) it shows me logged on as me@talk21.com, I still  receive mails addressed to me@talk21.com. To the world I am me@talk21.com. However, when I send a mail it sends it as me.t21@btinternet.com

BT probably gave this address to me ages ago, as for a time it seemed to just want to keep on handing out email addresses. When I go into manage email accounts, it says I have 11 emails addresses! But only show the me.t21@btinternet.com one as being available to change.

Help please - anyone know how I get my me@talk21.com address back on the emails I send?

Thanks

me.t21@btinternet.com,

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
dc12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: talk21.com addresses

I tried on my phone, via chrome, and it gives me the choice of whether to send from either above address, but this option is not available via either pc using google as a web browser.

AlanC000
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

I'm in the same frame of mind as you. Total frustration with a new system when no change was asked for - and none seems to be coming now either - does anyone in BT read ( and act upon ) these messages ?

0 Ratings
dc12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

and when I log in to my mail - I noticed it asks me for my email address or bt id - I only ever log in with me@talk21.com

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 16

Hi @dc12,

me@talk21.com and me.t21@btinternet are in theory the same email address and both be linked to the same inbox. So no matter which of the two email address your contacts email or reply to the email will still come into the same inbox. I hope this makes sense?

I think BT brought in the .t21@btinternet prefix when they stopped providing Talk21 email address.

SP

0 Ratings
dc12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Thanks SpiderPig, I assumed that is the case, however,  I want to be known by my TALK21 address. If nothing else I would like some assurance from BT they are suddenly going to pull the plug on th TALK21.com address? The problem is with 15+ years of using that address it is woven into so much of my web life.

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 16

@dc12

I don't think BT will ever give you that assurance. While they may not have any plans to remove the service at the moment doesn't mean they won't in x number of years time.

0 Ratings
dc12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

I can see why more and more people use a gmail account - though even that is not guaranteed.

0 Ratings
DavidB2
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

I have been having the same problem as dc12 and, 5 months on from first reporting it, BT still haven't fixed this problem. I have heard so many stories from so many people, and given large amounts of misinformation along the way. I have another talk21.com account (which isn't Premium Mail) which had the same blip after the "upgrade" but which soon settled down and now sends perfectly from @talk21.com every time, so the insistence by some BT staff that @talk21.com addresses just don't exist any more is just rubbish. Sometimes even my Premium Mail account sends from @talk21.com, but this seems to be just random. If I log into webmail on my tablet, I can choose to send from either @talk21.com or from the horrible .t21@btinternet.com version, so I just don't understand why the pc webmail version can't be changed to at least offer this option too. I'm afraid that BT has just been truly woeful in fixing this, and they should be ashamed over the whole "upgrade" as there is just nothing that is better than the old yahoo set up, and much (especially in the search function) that is very much worse.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 10 of 16

Hi guys,

If you’re using a talk21 email as your primary email and as your BTiD then try logging on direct to bt.com/email (rather than via mybt first) you should be able to send emails as talk21.com. can you check that and let me know.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings