cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrickkeefe
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

transfer my bt yahoo Premium Mail email address to my daughters bt yahoo broadband account

Go to solution

Hello, as written above I wish to transfer my e-mail address. I have accessed <www.bt.com/mailboxmove> and using the "Move an email address" link opened my daughters bt account page but the only box that I can find is the 'create a new email address' box. What I am after is the 'import an email address' box. Even so if I fill in the 'create a new email box' with my email address I am informed that it is not a valid address. I am also getting a 'Technical error message.'

The live chat people just tell me to contact Premium Mail on 0801006778 but this number is constantly engaged.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: transfer my bt yahoo Premium Mail email address to my daughters bt yahoo broadband account

Go to solution

Hi @patrickkeefe Sorry you are having difficulty moving your BT Yahoo email address over to your daughters broadband account. 

Do you know if your daughter has a BT Yahoo or a BT Mail email account?

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
patrickkeefe
Beginner
Message 3 of 21

Re: transfer my bt yahoo Premium Mail email address to my daughters bt yahoo broadband account

Go to solution

My daughter has a bt yahoo account as mentioned in the subject above.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @patrickkeefe Thank you for confirming that I was thinking the issue might be that the 2 mail accounts were on different platforms.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

PS please include your daughter's account and contact details in the Details of your query section of the form.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
patrickkeefe
Beginner
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

Hello,

My account is a premium mail account and does not have an associated telephone number and I do not know how to cut and paste a URL (whatever that is) therefore I could not answer using the link that you have suggested.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

@patrickkeefe

Please edit your post to remove the account number, as that is personal information and not allowed on this forum. Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution

The URL is the https webpage address in the browser address box at the top of the page.

The one for your thread is

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/transfer-my-bt-yahoo-Premium-Mail-email-address-to-my-daughters/td...

so just copy and paste it into the moderators form.

To copy it just place your mouse cursor at the very start of it and left click then drag your mouse to the end of it. This should highlight it. If you then right click on your mouse it will give you an option to copy, select it then click. You now need to move to the moderators form and where it asks for the URL, place your mouse cursor in the box and right click on your mouse. You will then get an option to paste. Click on it and the line you copied will be placed into the box.

0 Ratings
patrickkeefe
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

I have not yet received a reply giving me advice as to how I can transfer my email address to my daughters account

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

Did you complete the form as requested in message 4?

0 Ratings
patrickkeefe
Beginner
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

yes

0 Ratings