Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infoid17
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

unable to access btinternet.com email address

Go to solution

I am new to the forum and would appreciate some help.

I have a btinernet.com email address that I've been unable to access since 5/10/17. I have requested for the email address to be reinstated and linked to my current BT account via the BT online chat service. The level 1 team passed my query to the level 2 team who were supposed to ring me within 48 hours. The phonecall never happened. I understand from reading other posts that the email address can be restored and linked to my BT account by the UK support team. I'd be very grateful if a moderator would get in touch to help with this. Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: unable to access btinternet.com email address

Go to solution

Hi @infoid17,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry you haven't been able to access your BT email. Did you manage to get this resolved?

If not, I'll be able to help you get back access. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @infoid17 I called earlier and left a short message on your mobile answer service. I just wanted you to know I have picked up your case and I am working on getting your email address back for you. It will be a few days before I hear back on the request and I will update you as soon as I know more.

cheers

John

infoid17
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi,

I have been able to reset my password and I tried logging in on the BT.com/email page.

I was prompted to link the ID to a BT account, which I successfully did.

I tried to go to access my emails whilst in the account and I got the following message

'You cannot access this page as you are not the registered billing account holder.' When the current BT services account was set up I was given the authority to be able to manage the account by the main account holder. Please can you advise what needs to happen next so I can get to the emails.

Thanks

0 Ratings
infoid17
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi again,

Further to my last post a few minutes ago, I have tried logging in again and I get the following message:

Sorry

Your email address is about to be deleted. Find out more here.

To reactivate your email address, you'll need to log in to MyBT using your BT ID.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @infoid17 Thanks for testing that out and I will raise a case now to get the email address linked to the billing account. I'll let you know when this is completed.

cheers

John

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @infoid17 I am still awaiting your email address to be linked to your Broadband account. In the meantime you can now access your emails directly on the Yahoo website until this is linked up.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Why is everything associated with email so difficult to achieve, it should be a 2 second turning the handle type job!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Why is everything associated with email so difficult to achieve, it should be a 2 second turning the handle type job!!!

I also find it hard to comprehend why the email account has to be so ingrained with the BTID. It is far better being completely separate in my view. I guess it's supposed to be easier for most people, which I expect it is, but when it goes wrong - it appears to be a difficult task to straighten it up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @infoid17 Thanks for taking my call earlier and confirming you can now access the email account. I can confirm that the email address is now linked to the BT Account also for you.

thanks

John