Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
declanmair
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

unable to email btinternet addresses

Hello,

i have built a website that takes bookings and sends out booking confirmations ect. Obviously a lot of enquiries ect are dealt with over email to. The issue we're having it our emails refuse to send to any btinternet addresses. I have contacted the host provider and they are aware of the issue saying its at BT's end to do with filters applied. These emails need to be recieved as obviously they contain important information. When/how will the issue be resolved.

Warm Regards,

Declan 

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: unable to email btinternet addresses

@declanmair wrote:

Hello,

i have built a website that takes bookings and sends out booking confirmations ect. Obviously a lot of enquiries ect are dealt with over email to. The issue we're having it our emails refuse to send to any btinternet addresses. I have contacted the host provider and they are aware of the issue saying its at BT's end to do with filters applied. These emails need to be recieved as obviously they contain important information. When/how will the issue be resolved.

Warm Regards,

Declan 

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

When you say your emails "refuse to send", do you actually mean that they are sent - but no-one with a btinternet email address receives them ? (If they actually refuse to send, then that's a local issue unless there are error messages indicating something else).

Another user posted a few days ago from their company saying BTinternet users are not receiving emails. I've not heard from them for a few days as I was doing a test with them.

This indicates an issue with the BTMail server filters/anti-spam systems probably.

For some extra info, are the emails sent to the users email address in the "To" field, and not a generic message ? Some systems will reject/blackhole emails that don't contain the user's email address in the "To" or "Cc" fields.

0 Ratings
declanmair
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Hi Andy,

Sorry, emails are leaving my end no problem and not being recieved by btinternet addresses. Some bounce back with a delay

Some emails are auto genereated by booking softwarre and others manually sent out... none are "generic" and all only addressed to one address.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Does your sending domain have a valid SPF record?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 15

@declanmair wrote:

Hi Andy,

Sorry, emails are leaving my end no problem and not being recieved by btinternet addresses. Some bounce back with a delay

Some emails are auto genereated by booking softwarre and others manually sent out... none are "generic" and all only addressed to one address.

As licquorice says, is your mail server set up correctly ?

Has it worked previously ok ?

The bounce message should give some extra details - can you reply with one of the bounce messages, removing all personal information.

0 Ratings
declanmair
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

This is the mail system at host mailrelay1.public.one.com.

####################################################################
# THIS IS A WARNING ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. #

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message has not yet
been delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

<email address> delayed: btinternet.com->MX:
421 Too many messages (1.5.7.1) from 91.198.169.124

This is the response we're getting. From reading previous forms I set up a STF record and confirmed this was valid via host support.

Thanks for the help

0 Ratings
declanmair
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

sorry, yes it has previously worked ok. Only recently did the issue start occuring.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

@declanmair wrote:
This is the mail system at host mailrelay1.public.one.com.

# THIS IS A WARNING ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. #

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message has not yet
been delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

<email address> delayed: btinternet.com->MX:
421 Too many messages (1.5.7.1) from 91.198.169.124

This is the response we're getting. From reading previous forms I set up a STF record and confirmed this was valid via host support.

Thanks for the help

Hi again, sorry for the delay.

That message looks to be some form of blocking perhaps due to implied spamming from one.com (implied to me indicates that the BTMail servers by Openwave are treating the emails as spam - perhaps if there are many of the same message).

Are you sending a lot by any chance and some of them are destined to BTinternet customers ?

If it's only a few dozen, then Openwave need to sort their systems out. The problem is, they are very bad at communications - there is never any feedback. BT pays them to run the service, it's time they acted professionaly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

As I have said in the past, I am convinced that Critical Path/Openwave were totally unprepared for the size and type of operation that is BT email and are completely out of their depth, hence the suspension of the migration from Yahoo.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 15

@licquorice wrote:

As I have said in the past, I am convinced that Critical Path/Openwave were totally unprepared for the size and type of operation that is BT email and are completely out of their depth, hence the suspension of the migration from Yahoo.

I fully agree. They are a shocking outfit in my view. I've got many btinternet email addresses (it's a long story), and not one of them has migrated.

This fiasco must be costing BT a packet to have both suppliers and some migrated and others not. It also means the support teams need to be prepared.

0 Ratings