cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: unable to log out and log back in as other user

windows laptop, history and cache deleted , still unable to log out of my bt email account and go back to log in page to start a fresh log in process. never had any of theses problems before bt email was downgraded, thoughts please?
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Have a look at this thread and try as suggested in it.

Solved: Re: New BT Email - Can't log out - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

On Firefox I got round the problem by opening a 'private window' and accessing email acount via that, perhaps your browser has a similar facility?

Message 14 of 18

what is it in the link that is different to what I've already told you i tried? I have deleted history and cache, restarted laptop. Whenever I go to the bt email login page it takes me straight into email inbox bypassing login page. I've had btemail for over 25 years, not a single problem, but now youve changed it I'm having multiple issues. It appears its happening to many users? please help
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

btw, have same problem using google and edge
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

@ijevans wrote:
what is it in the link that is different to what I've already told you i tried? I have deleted history and cache, restarted laptop. Whenever I go to the bt email login page it takes me straight into email inbox bypassing login page. I've had btemail for over 25 years, not a single problem, but now youve changed it I'm having multiple issues. It appears its happening to many users? please help

First off, I have not made any changes, I do not work for BT. I am a customer just like you!

As regards what is different, When you are using your browser both Edge and Chrome continue running processes in the back ground even after you close them, also by default Edge launches as a back ground process during Windows start up. I have never check with Chrome but I suspect it probably will be the same as Edge is Chrome based. 

By stopping them in the Task Manager it means that they are fully stopped and none of their processes are still running and that will allow you to do what was suggested in the link.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Thank you. Stopped edge and google processes in task manager by end task, deleted cache and history, then logged out of my windows user and shut down laptop. Turned back on, logged into my user and went to my email login process, however, it just took me through to my inbox without being presented with an email login page. I have tried sign out of bt email and also change account when in email, so at the moment the other email account I need to access I can't. thanks
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Do all that again but do not restart the laptop at that point. 

Once you have done that follow message 10 in the link. "I killed Edge from Task Manager and when I went into email I had to log back in with email address and password and ticked "Keep me signed in". I then signed out and it asked me to login in again, i.e. it's back to normal". 

0 Ratings