Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spskelton
Beginner
Message 11 of 22

Re: unable to send email from office outlook

Go to solution

For some months now I have been having issues with emails using Outlook on my PC. Some days it works for a few hours, then stops and I get messages saying "Send/Recieve error" and listing various reasons:  cannot connect to the server, trouble with synchronising  and others. What is going on with BT emails? Its all a bit of a nightmare. Webmail works Ok and everything is still coming in there and I can send and receive OK, but I need theses emails on my PC. Is there a mail hanlding programme that BT can work with faultlessly? 

0 Ratings
spskelton
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution
I tried to do that and got Gmail to pick up emails from my BT account, but after a few days it stopped and now when I re-enter my details, Gmail says that there is a problem and they are being stopped picking up emails by the BT server!
0 Ratings
rodcrit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

The very helpful people on "151" sorted me and the problem out.   not confirmed, but would appear there was a BT problem with email a couple of weeks ago ( my surmise - not proven or confirmed ) which stopped me being able to send emails.  then one week of battles with the BT chat support ( ha ) people who did nothing to help. 

during that time I was trying different things to see if I could pinpoint the problem ( deleting and re making email account for one thing ).  unfortunately I made a mistake in setting these up which also caused a problem.

yesterday a very helpful lady again piggybacked onto my PC and found those problems and corrected my errors and all is now working.  fingers crossed.

anybody who still has problems with email   -  forget the chat support link  -  worse than useless.  phone 151 and talk to someone  -  it will sort things out.

0 Ratings
rodcrit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

it was not outlook that was / is the problem   -  I was using outlook and mozilla thunderbird and they both had the problems at the beginning. only a program not using POP3 or IMAC would bypass the front end of the email server which I think had the problems

0 Ratings
dsross
Beginner
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

I have had all of theses problems going for more than a year and it seems to happen every few weeks. Currently I am unable to send but can receive but only after changing passwords? The help line is the worst I have every experienced and they only seem interested in selling you BT broadband which I don't want. I am with Virgin, when you mentioned calling 151 that is a Virgin number! How did they help.

0 Ratings
dsross
Beginner
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution
Can't send reply
0 Ratings
dsross
Beginner
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution
is 151 Virgin help?
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

@dsrosswrote:

I have had all of theses problems going for more than a year and it seems to happen every few weeks. Currently I am unable to send but can receive but only after changing passwords? The help line is the worst I have every experienced and they only seem interested in selling you BT broadband which I don't want. I am with Virgin, when you mentioned calling 151 that is a Virgin number! How did they help.

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Are you paying for BT Premium Email at (currently) £7.50 a month? If not, then your email address can be deleted at any time. So make sure you have a backup somewhere, and do it regularly.

151 is BT faults number if on a BT telephone, so it might be similar for Virgin. It's not a Virgin specific number.

You are replying to a post over a year ago - the poster implied that they made a mistake in their settings causing the issue, and BT help via the faults line helped them fix it.

If you've not made any changes (apart from passwords), then this can either be the long running issue with BT email - or maybe an Outlook issue (unlikely).

Is your accoune BTMail or BTYahoo? http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57483/c/7339/

0 Ratings
spskelton
Beginner
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

I gave up with BT for emails and switched to Microsoft Exchange. Never had a moments problem with emails since then. Also have BT Broadband, but thats another saga! Promised Hub 6 a week ago and seen nothing so far. 

0 Ratings
dsross
Beginner
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Yes I am paying BT £7.50 and my old yahoo address was a talk21 which I still use (when it works)

0 Ratings