cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

unable to send emails

Today I have been unable to send emails, all I get is the following

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (6139417C0CC11978) [Err code: 553]

Can anyone suggest what to do

I wait someones response

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: unable to send emails

Hi @peterfox436 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having trouble sending emails. If you log in to webmail at www.bt.com/mail and try to send an email do you get the same error?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Hi Neil. Unfortunately still have the same problem when going through www.bt.com/mail

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Hi @peterfox436 Thanks for getting back to me, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderators and we'll raise this with our email experts.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

I have the same issue! For the last 2 days I've been unable to send any emails from Webmail. Earlier I removed a VPN programme I had, tested mail, it worked, but now it's not working again. I need to send a document this afternoon so please help!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Hi, @CNEW I'm really sorry to see you're having problems sending emails, it sounds like your VPN is still causing problems. Have you ensured your VPN is switched off and tried rebooting your router to see if that helps?

If you enter your IP address on this site and perform a spam check is it listed?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Thanks Neil. I've just checked, and yes, I'm blacklisted!!!! What does that mean? What should I do?

I've completely removed the vpn from my laptop and rebooted.

Thanks and regards,

CNEW

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

@CNEW It means your IP address has been previously used by spammers and is now on a block list.

Are you connecting to the internet using BT Broadband? Turning off the router for 15 mins can sometimes resolve this as you may be allocated a different IP address.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Thanks Neil but I'm in Portugal. Have been for months and never had that issue.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

And I've just rebooted my router, to no avail.

0 Ratings