Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
concerned1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

upgrade - updating BT Email

Thank you Sean for the email (as below) - 
Referring to .............     I was on BT Yahoo and all I received was notification about this new email.  I was not sent any email regarding correct settings that will need to make changes.    Nor was I provided full support.  

I have phoned a few times and was told that by the Indian colleagues that they cannot help me but that they will refer my issue to the IT technicians.  I have also sent notification about this in writing and received confirmation that BT will reply within 7 days.  I am still waiting.

Thank you

he upgrade will be seamless for most customers. Some BT Yahoo customers who use email clients and aren’t using the correct settings will need to make some changes. We’ll notify them of this in advance of the upgrade and will provide full support as needed.

We're updating BT Email

Hi Everyone,

We’ve recently started a pilot upgrading a randomly selected group of customers to our new and improved email service.

The new service will be based in the UK and offer improved reliability. We’ll be moving all of our customers to this service later this year and, when we do, they’ll receive an email confirmation from us.

The upgrade will be seamless for most customers. Some BT Yahoo customers who use email clients and aren’t using the correct settings will need to make some changes. We’ll notify them of this in advance of the upgrade and will provide full support as needed.

When I have more information to share I will update this thread.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: upgrade - updating BT Email

From your previous thread, it would appear that you are using webmail, hence no changes are required.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: upgrade - updating BT Email

If you are only using webmail, which is accessing your email via a web browser, all you would be notified is about the new email because there is nothing that you need to do.

It is only if you use an email client and you were not using the correct settings that you would be given further information and support if required.

That is clearly stated in the message you have posted

"Some BT Yahoo customers who use email clients and aren’t using the correct settings will need to make some changes. We’ll notify them of this in advance of the upgrade and will provide full support as needed".