cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

urls in emails not visible

Yahoo seems to be at it again on the email system. When entering a url link in an email it seems that one has to go through quite a bit a jiggery pokery to get rid of the graphic that yahoo sees fit to attach to it.

I 've been simply adding a couple of spaces to the end of the url to confuse yahoo to stop it since they stopped the backspace undo option. However yahoo seems to assume that all urls should have a graphic and this no longer works as the graphic that yahoo seems to be insisting on at the moment is blank so anyone receiving this email in a yahoo system will not be able to see the url at all not sure if you can still copy it.

Is anyone else having this issue. I have tried this in a number of browsers both with and without adblock on but nothing sees to work.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: urls in emails not visible

Yet another reason to ditch the abomination of webmail and use the proper tool for the job. No such problems with a mail client.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

yeah i know but i don;t seem to get round to that option especially as I have a lot of stored folders etc.

I was looking for a mod to take a look and bounce it towards the bt people but i guess they are all working on my other issue of not being able to set up more than 5 email sub addresses apparently its a known issue!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@unwina wrote:

yeah i know but i don;t seem to get round to that option especially as I have a lot of stored folders etc.

They will just replicate on your device if you use IMAP

I was looking for a mod to take a look and bounce it towards the bt people but i guess they are all working on my other issue of not being able to set up more than 5 email sub addresses apparently its a known issue!

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

cheers, i know but my wifey can't get on with the client she keeps getting lost and I have been real busy lately to set up clients on all my pcs i use. Then what if i'm round me mums house and have to set it up there and then i have to set it up at work and then and then. Sadly i don't have a laptop i can carry around everywhere.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

If you set it up as IMAP, you can mix 'n match how you access mail. Its not either/or, you can use a client when you can and webmail when you can't.

0 Ratings
unwina
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

yeah i get that but i then have to make sure that i am at a client to do what i want that yahoo webmail has stopped doing so I'm not sure how it is helping me fix my problem with yahoo webmail.

Thanks for your suggestions though I'll bear it in mind for the future.

Hopefully yahoo will fix it ( I doubt it) or one of the mods might take it on. Its only just started happening and i'm sure its not meant to work the way they have it at the moment.

cheers

0 Ratings